Publication

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got my first major publication for a deer image from a few years back..I received a mail from Countryfile magazine a week ago asking if they could see one of my wild deer images in high res for a possible front cover. I sent a few images along and just got word this morning that they want to use it and they sent a low res copy of the cover to me..Im over the moon even if its not the best red deer image i have taken, but they thought it fitted heir mag so who am i to complain...(y)(y):clap:

Congratulations!!! That's brilliant!!!!

That will be £150 please Country File mag.Thank you. "Oh we thought it was free ! , We will put your name on it,You'll be FAMOUS and very poor.LOL

Make sure you get paid.When people see your photo the first thing people will say is "oh! that's Nice".
The second thing they say is "DID YOU GET PAID?" (y)

Last edited:
Hope they paid you mate?

You must be on cloud 9, well done, it's all about sharing those talents.

Well done old son it's well deserved (y)
Regards
Richard

Thanks everyone, the mag is out next weekend. Defo not my best deer stag image but one that suited the cover best.

To add on from this they have asked me to do a bit of freelance for them by going onto the small island of Eigg and photographing a woman with an interesting storyline.. Just finalising the details now...

I'm currently on North Uist at the moment, woke up this morning to a young red deer stag in the garden- no pics as it was just after 6am and quite dark. Buzzards in field next to garden all day. Hen harrier did a fly past earlier, found otter prints where I saw the otter last year so worth going back for. Over 1000 geese in water next to the house so watching them through the scope which the house owner has put up in the sunroom---- Uist really is a magical place... Off out now to explore some more.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the front cover of the magazine that they sent me..

211012_3196.jpg

Well done Mark.

Nice to see all your hard work has paid off.(y)

If that's not one of your best red deer images, I'd love to see what is. Lol.

Well done again mate.

Just got this months BBC Countryfile magazine and i have my 2nd publication in it. I got 4 pages with pics which i took on the Isle of Eigg a little while ago.Pics are a little darker than they should be but thats the print and paper for you but still happy.The pages are on island life and to let people know what small island life is like...(y)

well done bud nice to see all your hard work paying off

Well done with the various publications Mark. I bet you are still on cloud 9 and it's thoroughly deserved.

Andy

ps. You may want to check your spelling of sparrowhawk on your excellent FLICKR images. It would be a crying shame if those images can't be searched for on "t'internet"!

Last edited:
Excellent stuff! Congratulations!! I agree....if that's not one of your best red deer stag shots then you must have some beauties hidden away there!! ;-)

How did they see your image to use it? Do you have a website? did they see it on here? Did you send it off to them?

Apologies for missing this one Mark. Congratulations :clap::clap:

Back