Puffins, Flamboro'Head

Edit My Images
Yes
Another visit to Flamborough and this time the Puffins were in residence instead of being out at sea, always lovely to see and an absolute pleasure to sit with :)

Spent about 45 minutes sat with them for around 400 shots.

Very few flight shots, just a light breeze had them dropping off the cliffs and returning by surprise from below.

D500, Sigma 150-600 c

As always, all C&C welcome, thanks for looking

Puffin 1 1024 1.jpg

puffin 2 1024.jpg

Puffin 3 1024.jpg

Last edited:
A fantastic set of images. You must of had a fantastic day!(y)

Superb buddy just superb the exposures must have been challenging Phil ?? I really like the first 3 mate, possibly the 2nd and 3rd the most of the six but i'd take any if I'm honest and be thrilled!! No nits really bro, just lovely to look at!!

stu

A fantastic set of images. You must of had a fantastic day!(y)

Thanks Keith, yes, had a cracking couple of days

You did well Phil very nice

Thanks Kev

Superb buddy just superb the exposures must have been challenging Phil ?? I really like the first 3 mate, possibly the 2nd and 3rd the most of the six but i'd take any if I'm honest and be thrilled!! No nits really bro, just lovely to look at!!

stu

Many thanks Stu, I always expose more to the right, even on bright sunny days.

I like to see a very small amount of blinkies in the whites when 'chimping' as I know that there'll be enough detail in the raw file to recover them, I prefer that way than seeing whites underexposed and having to lift blacks/shadows to compensate, cheers matey

"Excellent" photography, nothing more to be said.

George.

always a joy to see, great set Phil

I don't know how I missed this first time, Cracking set Phil (y)

Great shots! Now Flamborough Head is on my bucketlist!

Great set

Great Puffin shots at Flamborough, Phil (y) - glad they were in residence on this occasion!
- all lovely, but my fav is the pair sharing an intimate moment :)

Russ

I don't know how I missed this first time, Cracking set Phil (y)

Cracking set - I really love No2

Les :)

Thanks for the comments chaps, much appreciated

Just arrived home from another couple of days over there.

Although the Puffins were about and we got a few half decent shots, they weren't just as obliging as they were last month, but still great to see and sit with for an hour or three :)

Back