Pug Crosses a few more added.

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
My Daughters friend brought her 2 scamps to ours the other day after work to see if we could get some photos of them. There names are Alfie and Sophie they are a cross breed but i'm not sure with what other than a Pug.
Sophie is the more pug faced of the two.

All or any feedback is more than wellcomed

Gaz
IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent set Gary, to be honest I'm struggling to fault any of them. If I had to pick a fav it would be the first because of the inquisitive look, but the others are all good too. Great poses and the lighting seems spot on to my eyes. I bet the owner was chuffed with these.

Aww they are lovely, i love pugs (or any kind of pug cross that looks mostly pug) - and they look so shiny!

I like no.3 best as they appear to looking off thinking "and what are you looking at" or "i pity da fool!"

I love pugs so much but never properly met one in real life!

Noob opinion:

Love the first one for engagement with the camera but for me personally it's slightly too dark on eyes on the left side so prefer number two for exposure and still has good engagement.

The last one with the both of them is also exposed really well and impressed you got the two to sit together and pose so nicely!

Can I ask what lighting you used? I'm getting into studio photography and love to see people's setups and advice :)

Excellent set Gary, to be honest I'm struggling to fault any of them. If I had to pick a fav it would be the first because of the inquisitive look, but the others are all good too. Great poses and the lighting seems spot on to my eyes. I bet the owner was chuffed with these.
Thanks Steve thats most encouraging. Not given them my Daughter to send over yet. I posted here to get some feedback first.

Aww they are lovely, i love pugs (or any kind of pug cross that looks mostly pug) - and they look so shiny!

I like no.3 best as they appear to looking off thinking "and what are you looking at" or "i pity da fool!"

I love pugs so much but never properly met one in real life!
Thanks Dan. That is my fave too :)
Noob opinion:

Love the first one for engagement with the camera but for me personally it's slightly too dark on eyes on the left side so prefer number two for exposure and still has good engagement.

The last one with the both of them is also exposed really well and impressed you got the two to sit together and pose so nicely!

Can I ask what lighting you used? I'm getting into studio photography and love to see people's setups and advice :)
Hi Chris. Thanks for your thoughts on these ;-)
Well I am not a photographer but enjoy playing with the camera. I used a speedlight in a 80x80 softbox plus a reflector. The softbox was new as I wanted a tilting bracket to use on my usual 24x24 box but it was only a tenner more for box that went with it.
You get the same light off the smaller box though, well to my eyes you do.

Gaz

Great set. #1, #2 and #5 are my favourites as the brown colour of the eyes is really vibrant. Favourite is the pair - class shot. I think I remember reading somewhere that photos of black dogs were particularly challenging but you've done a great job. Also very interested in the lighting set-up.

They're lovely, but I particularly like no 2 primarily because the catchlights look more balanced in them (bless them, pugs eyes sometimes look like they go in different directions - the catchlight can sometimes emphasise this)
Very well done for getting beautiful detail in their coats, as black dogs can sometimes be a little challenging! :)

Very cute dog and lovely set. I think the last one of them sitting together is my favourite

Great set. #1, #2 and #5 are my favourites as the brown colour of the eyes is really vibrant. Favourite is the pair - class shot. I think I remember reading somewhere that photos of black dogs were particularly challenging but you've done a great job. Also very interested in the lighting set-up.
Hi Brian.Thanks for the feedback I'm liking how everyone is saying why they do or don't like a particular image as this is really helpful for me and anyone stopping by I guess.
Yes I was worried the black was going to be a big problem but it turnedout ok in the end.
`great set the pair together is superb
Thanks.That image seems to be liked by the majority in the replies. I have a few more of those with one dog slightly behind the other which put the heads at different heights which I preferred however the dof was to narrow so the rear dog was to out of focus.I still have them so may have another look at them as I often overlook descent images on first glance plus it is very hard when you have quite a few very similiar images to choose the better ones :-(
They're lovely, but I particularly like no 2 primarily because the catchlights look more balanced in them (bless them, pugs eyes sometimes look like they go in different directions - the catchlight can sometimes emphasise this)
Very well done for getting beautiful detail in their coats, as black dogs can sometimes be a little challenging! :)
Thanks Maria. It sounds like you know your dogs :)
Very cute dog and lovely set. I think the last one of them sitting together is my favourite
Thanks Mike much appreciate you stopping by.

Gaz

Just thought I would upload a few of the also rans if anyone was interested.

Gaz

As before all comments appreciated.

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3611.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

Awww what a lovely set.
I have to admit my favourite is the final image.
I can really see that one in a frame.

I want pugs!!.... i'm not sure i could pick which i like best, they all have such funny yet gorgeous expressions.. i can't believe how shiny their coats are too...:love::love:

Awww what a lovely set.
I have to admit my favourite is the final image.
I can really see that one in a frame.
Thanks Ruth :)
I want pugs!!.... i'm not sure i could pick which i like best, they all have such funny yet gorgeous expressions.. i can't believe how shiny their coats are too...:love::love:
Hiya. Thanks for the kind words. I got lucky with these two they were proper good for me. My Daughter had texted me at work to ask if I could try get some photos of them and an hour later she texted to say the dogs were being a right pain the proverbial ! One of them had just jumped in the canal. Must of calmed them down :)

Gaz

It must have been a task keeping the two of them still for you to compose the shot so well done there. I really like them all.

It must have been a task keeping the two of them still for you to compose the shot so well done there. I really like them all.
Many thanks Daryl. You would have thought it wouldnt you. They were runing wild a few minutes earlier then calmed right down.

Gaz

Back