Purchasing 40D help

Edit My Images
No
Greetings!

Im in the market for a Canon 40D. I currently own a 350D which I have outgrown after 2 years. Great piece of kit but I feel im ready for an upgrade.

So after much research I have decided that the 40D would be ideal for me. Especially since I own a 17-85 IS USM EF-S lens.

So to the question at hand. I have seen some deals on Ebay £600 plus £18 P&P. Would you buy from an Ebay seller or any other internet seller for that matter? Or would you rather buy from a brick and mortar establishment. Has anyone had any bad experiences with internet sellers if something with the camera goes Pete Tong?...

Thanks in advance! :)

I bought a lens from Kerso (member on here, who's also an eBay seller), and I know he does good prices on cameras, but most imported camera bodies don't have internationally supported warranties, if I recall correctly.

Probably safer to buy a secondhand UK one on eBay than a brand-new imported one, in terms of dealing with warranty problems.

I bought mine from Warehouse Express, using their 12 months interest-free credit scheme, fwiw.

It's a lot of money to part with but read the feedback. Personally I never buy from any ebay dealer with less than 98% positive. Never been ripped off yet with over 250 purchases.

Dunno if Kerso has 40D's on the go at the moment. He is FLASHCAMERA on ebay, or type in somethiing like Canon Scotland in the search area and you'll get to his full range.

Was just about to mention your one for sale Chewy.

I already own a 40D but if I was thinking of buying one, I wouldn't hesitate buying from a forum member. Good luck!

Pity you were not at Focus, Jacobs had B stock for £450 which was the deal of the century, I think. Sue bought one, and so did some of the other guys. Might be worth a phone call to them, but prob all gone by now. 1 yr guarantee as well!!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Chewyuk you have PM (y)

Back