Pure pleasure

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
The weather forecast was for light cloud. Nice one … they got it wrong. A walk around Padley Gorge and Bolehill Quarry with my significant other and our border collie. Took a few snaps. No time to stand and stare with Willow around. Constantly rounded up and moved on. Hand held images, no filters etc. Came back with a few reflections from the quarry. Having a great time "messing" around with WB, colour and all the rest. They are nothing special, other people might dislike them … but I'm just in my element. Creating shapes, looking for hidden "things" within the frame. So "nice" to be happy with your own work. Oversaturated ... blah blah blah. I don't care.
Padey Gorge Walk -33.jpg

I like it but what is it?

My guess is a portrait orientation of land/rock and water rotated to landscape orientation?

I like it too. It's a very different take on a location I know well.

I can see an old cottage, middle right and someone wearing wellies top left. A friend said that he could see Buddha in there, while someone else saw a squashed, clown's face.

I see a quarry wall and a lake

It's along the lines of the Hodge Close quarry skull.

So "nice" to be happy with your own work.

I think this is the most important bit and I had this the other day - funnily enough, also with an abstract.
I like it too. Reminds me of a butterfly.

Very "Rorschach test".

I really like it. It’s given me inspiration to re-look at a few water reflection shots of my own, but also I love the idea of free-wheeling, doing your own thing and just having a bit of fun with your images. I too am a dog walking photographer so many of my shots are one handed grab shots; it’s amazing how often they turn out pretty well.

I really like it. It’s given me inspiration to re-look at a few water reflection shots of my own, but also I love the idea of free-wheeling, doing your own thing and just having a bit of fun with your images. I too am a dog walking photographer so many of my shots are one handed grab shots; it’s amazing how often they turn out pretty well.
You feel my pain. All walks end up with a handful of snapshots, I have to be on the ball all the time. Scouting quickly for a possible keeper is the name of the game.

Back