Pushing 400-1600 and I get this...

Name
Jay
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, When I first started taking pictures I was a keen viewer/rare contributor to the pages amongst talk photography. Often useful, sometimes bewildering occasionally frustrating.
I've gone away and now I'm at uni...

I shoot mainly film but always just used an iso according to the rating and changed film speed according to condition.
Thought it was a good time to play with pushing film higher just because it was expensive to buy.

So I pushed delta 400 to 1600. Dev'd according to the push chart but the majority of the negatives have banding.
What has caused this?

12010833523_7132bc8efb_z.jpg

This is another shot from the same roll of film which worked if that helps any theories.

12010545925_b79144af99_z.jpg

Thank You.
Jason Pay

The streaks look like surge marks from overagitation. Chemicals rush through the sprocket holes and hit the film faster than normal causing a stronger reaction as more of chemical is passing over the film surface.

The streaks look like surge marks from overagitation. Chemicals rush through the sprocket holes and hit the film faster than normal causing a stronger reaction as more of chemical is passing over the film surface.

My first thought as well. I got this on a roll which was shot in very similar conditions to this, a pushed ISO400 film. I even agitated as per the film and the developer instructions, so was a bit disheartened to see this result.

Certainly do. More prone to showing up in underexposed areas as there's so little emulsion otherwise to hide it. Try swirling every other agitation rather than inverting them all an be gentler about it.

Thank You everyone! I can remember being vigorous when dev'ing that night. Think I was quite annoyed about something so it kinda relates.

Easy solution.

Jason, inspite of the issue that second shot is really nice!

Back