putting photos in order

L

lilfatman

i hope i have put this in the right thread, my problem is i have taken over 600 photos whilst on holiday in ilfracombe and i ownloaded each days shots onto my laptop, when i got home i sorted out the good from the bad and put them in a fiolder renaming it, my problem is i cannot get the photos into date and time order, is there any software i can use i am running vista thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer

Windows should be able to sort by the time the photo was taken as long as the exif is still in the image.
I'm not 100% how to do it in vista, but in XP you need to go View > Details and then sort by Date Taken.

You need software that looks at the date info in the exif file to sort. There maybe others but Lightroom does this as part of it's image sort parameters. Depends if you want to spend the £200 for the software

You could try this, I don't know how good it is but it seesm to use date and time

http://www.sortphotos.org/about_sort_photos.html

You could download Picasa 2 which is free, it sorts images automatically into date taken. you can also create web albums and slide shows free. I hope this helps some.....JIM

Right click in white space in the folder > Sort by > Date taken.

Back