Puzzled here.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hi crew: I'm fairly new here. I've posted some photos, some questions. I am getting little to no response, replies. Am I overlooking something, posting incorrectly, or just being ignored?

Attachments

• Thank You.jpg
    Thank You.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi

TP has a lot going on and not all posts get seen and commented on, please be patient and engage more widely:)

PS though one question you asked here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/how-can-it-be.752193/

Got a range of feedback but you have not updated with your thoughts ~ just saying ;)

PPS sorry to say, your genre of "forced perspective" is not something that is of great interest to me. :(

Hi Mike - and welcome aboard Talk Photography.

I'm sorry that you think that you've not had much response to your threads - I know i've personally replied (or at least posted) on one of them - your "Forced Perspective" thread - that did in fact get a fair-ish number of posts (14 - 6 of which were your own question or responses) for a thread in what is a very much niche area of photography, posted by a newcomer to the forum.

Other threads you've posted up have actually had a fairly similar rate of response - your question regarding how cameraphones have such depth of field relative to say SLR's still gained 8 posts, considering that you basically dropped the question and then never returned to post any follow ups or (perish the thought) thank the people who took time out to answer you, I'd actually say that wasn't bad - again - considering the root of your question was still set in your preferred niche subject. A question on stacking software - again something that's not exactly a mainstream photographic post-processing technique outside of Macro, Astrological and certain other more "creative PP" fields gained 10 posts. I'd put my next months mortgage on the statement that they'd probably had 20 or more posts if you'd actually interacted with the people giving information after asking the question instead of dropping the question and disappearing...

The only post that hasn't gained a response at the point of my posting this is the one in the creative section - Red Sands Recreation. Now - first of all, i'll say that the "creative" section does tend to be a little more slow-moving than some of the other photo sharing areas - partly because if you DO det a response in there, it's highly likely to be proper, well thought out critique, rather than just a "nice shot" comment. Now, I'm perhaps going to be a little harsh here, especially to a new member, but please remember that this is not Facebook - you don't have a pre-signed up echo-chamber of "friends" that will pretty much automatically give you a like and a few "ooh's and aah's" about anything you've posted. As has been mentioned above, spend a little time in other peoples threads, learn how things seem to be done in this forum - get the vibe for the place. Interact with a few people - for example, all you've shown yourself to be interested in so far is forced perspective and hyper-processed abstracts. We are one of the bigger photography forums around - certainly as an english-speaking one - but you're current "profile" here is really going to cut down the people who perceive you to be someone that they want to interact with, learn from, spend time teaching...

or, as my colleague above Dale said... Get involved in the forum, don't just ask questions and wait for answers.

oh, and I'm away now to give some Crit on the one post you didn't get a reply to yet.

Don't worry Mike, you're not being ignored. :)

None of your posts concern subject matter that appeals to me, but in time you'll find someone to whom it does.

It's always a bit strange being the newcomer to this type of forum, but don't worry about it. I still get ignored on most of the ones I belong to and I've been at it for donkey's. :notworthy:

Considering your user name and your age (I checked your profile), I'm sure you will have a lot to offer the Talk Film & Conventional section - why not take a look?

Lastly, welcome to the forum. :wave:

Last edited:
Hi Mike - and welcome aboard Talk Photography.

I'm sorry that you think that you've not had much response to your threads - I know i've personally replied (or at least posted) on one of them - your "Forced Perspective" thread - that did in fact get a fair-ish number of posts (14 - 6 of which were your own question or responses) for a thread in what is a very much niche area of photography, posted by a newcomer to the forum.

Other threads you've posted up have actually had a fairly similar rate of response - your question regarding how cameraphones have such depth of field relative to say SLR's still gained 8 posts, considering that you basically dropped the question and then never returned to post any follow ups or (perish the thought) thank the people who took time out to answer you, I'd actually say that wasn't bad - again - considering the root of your question was still set in your preferred niche subject. A question on stacking software - again something that's not exactly a mainstream photographic post-processing technique outside of Macro, Astrological and certain other more "creative PP" fields gained 10 posts. I'd put my next months mortgage on the statement that they'd probably had 20 or more posts if you'd actually interacted with the people giving information after asking the question instead of dropping the question and disappearing...

The only post that hasn't gained a response at the point of my posting this is the one in the creative section - Red Sands Recreation. Now - first of all, i'll say that the "creative" section does tend to be a little more slow-moving than some of the other photo sharing areas - partly because if you DO det a response in there, it's highly likely to be proper, well thought out critique, rather than just a "nice shot" comment. Now, I'm perhaps going to be a little harsh here, especially to a new member, but please remember that this is not Facebook - you don't have a pre-signed up echo-chamber of "friends" that will pretty much automatically give you a like and a few "ooh's and aah's" about anything you've posted. As has been mentioned above, spend a little time in other peoples threads, learn how things seem to be done in this forum - get the vibe for the place. Interact with a few people - for example, all you've shown yourself to be interested in so far is forced perspective and hyper-processed abstracts. We are one of the bigger photography forums around - certainly as an english-speaking one - but you're current "profile" here is really going to cut down the people who perceive you to be someone that they want to interact with, learn from, spend time teaching...

or, as my colleague above Dale said... Get involved in the forum, don't just ask questions and wait for answers.
BigYin: I am apparently NOT seeing most replies. Again I ask: shouldn't I get email notices? I want to be an active, regular part here, not a jerk.

BigYin: I am apparently NOT seeing most replies. Again I ask: shouldn't I get email notices?
Your preferences are set to receive email notices, you should also get notices top right of screen with a little red square, and a number in it.
This tells you how many replies there are. I'm not quite sure what or how many you are expecting, but the more threads you interact with the more responses you will get.

BUT If you still want me to delete your account I will,

Back