pwll y wrach[witches pool]waterfall

Good image Stan (y)
I love the ochre colour, it's one of the things that sets this image apart from the usual waterfall shots.
IMHO the texture in the water is bang on and I love the branch on the right; it sort of provides an ambiguity in its size and how far back it goes that adds to the mystery in the image.
I can't actually think of anything to suggest tweaking.
In summary - I love it :D

I'm just not sold on this one, the exposure looks spot on just the right amount o movement in the water but its that fallen tree on the right of frame it's just drawing my eye away from the waterfall fall and pool too much for my tastes :shrug:

nice looking shot

thank you brent

Where abouts is that mate? Been doing a bit of wondering around lately to find some new places and found I quite like waterfalls of all sizes.

hi mate..this waterfall is near talgarth...

http://www.brecknockwildlifetrust.org.uk/pwll-y-wrach.html (y)

Good image Stan (y)
I love the ochre colour, it's one of the things that sets this image apart from the usual waterfall shots.
IMHO the texture in the water is bang on and I love the branch on the right; it sort of provides an ambiguity in its size and how far back it goes that adds to the mystery in the image.
I can't actually think of anything to suggest tweaking.
In summary - I love it :D

wow...i'm gobsmacked Duncan..lol.thank you very much :D

I'm just not sold on this one, the exposure looks spot on just the right amount o movement in the water but its that fallen tree on the right of frame it's just drawing my eye away from the waterfall fall and pool too much for my tastes :shrug:

hi matt...unfortunately,there wasn't a lot I could do about the fallen tree.i did do a different crop of the image,but feel it removes a lot of the mood created by the waterfall..but just for you...

I'm liking this one a lot tbh. The falled right hand limb doesn't bother me, and you've retained an awful lot of detail and clarity in a shot which seems to have been taken in less than ideal lighting circumstances :LOL:

Kudos.

Love the colours and water movement Stan, I'm also not sure about the large branch on the r/h side but then I think the second one is cropped too tight.
Got to love photography (y)..
PS: When's the next Loony waterfall/coast weekend :thinking:

Lovely shot/great location; the bow saw on the fallen tree; did however cross my mind to, easily attach to your rucksack next outing :cautious:

Last edited:
Love the colours and water movement Stan, I'm also not sure about the large branch on the r/h side but then I think the second one is cropped too tight.
Got to love photography (y)..
PS: When's the next Loony waterfall/coast weekend :thinking:

hi paul,and thanks mate.not really sure when next meet is,but i'm sure it won't be too long away ;-)

Lovely shot/great location; the bow saw on the fallen tree; did however cross my mind to, easily attach to your rucksack next outing :cautious:

thanks kevin..yes,on next visit I may just take that bow saw ;)

I'm 50:50 on the tree. I like the red colouring albeit maybe it's a tad string but its an attractive image

thank you ST4 (y)

Back