Pylons in the Hay

Edit My Images
Yes
pylon-360.jpg

Wanted to do something different with the hay so thought I would rough it up and make it a little ugly. Thanks for looking.

I like this, and I don't mind the higgledy piggledy bales.
The horizon does need a straighten though.

as above really not much more i can add.

Thanks for the replies and comments folks. The land is actually on a slant and I thought the pylon took priority over the land as such fields can often be on a slant, but not a pylon of course.
Used some pp to bring out the detail in the sky and richness in the hay. Thanks for looking and commenting folks.

I would add a little colour to the sky.

I like it exactly how it is, I like what you done with the sky also, what was your shutter speed?

Colours looking good to my eye, good use of the wind direction and long shutter to go with it following the cables (y):clap:, Is it one you had on the list for when the conditions where right ?
Regards
Kevin :)

I'm not good enough to pass comment on your photograhy but that hay is straw :)

that tickled me :LOL:

this is right up my street - strong foreground interest and moody sky. Nicely exposed throughout. Gives the impression that the heavens are about to open (y)

I like the composition and the movement in the clouds. I am not sure about the colours of the sky or the hue of the field. Don't get me wrong it is a good shot and colour and tone are a very personal thing but for me there is something unnatural about the colours.

I like it. It's 2 pictures in one with the warm colours of the bales contrasting with the monotone pylon and sky. IMO this highlights the contrast between nature and the angular harsh man made pylon. It could have been just another hay bale landscape ( not that I have anything against these and plan to try one next year when the bales are back) but the post processing makes it something a lot more dramatic.

Nice idea with the pylons giving you the viewing lines.... But i would have prefered to see the bales going in the same direction as the pylons.

Andy

I'll go have a word with the farmer for you , and ask him if he can get his manitou out with the pallet loader to spin them round for you... when done, I'll go get the Op to go along and reshoot it for you. OK? :wacky:

I'll go have a word with the farmer for you , and ask him if he can get his manitou out with the pallet loader to spin them round for you... when done, I'll go get the Op to go along and reshoot it for you. OK? :wacky:

Brought a smile to me that awrsome :) you could give Worzel Gummidge a call to, see if he is available for the re-shoot :D

Back