Review Qimage

Name
Andy Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a quicky review as there's not really a lot that can be said about this app, it does what it says on the tin and does it very well.

Qimage is designed to handle batch printing and processing as easily as possible. One of its main strengths is that it is fully colour managed - the only other app that supports this is Photoshop. PaintShopPro has settings for your printer but somehow fails at the printing stage.

So you can select a bunch of images and add them to a batch list and Qimage will automatically sort them all out onto the min. number of pages, etc. It has presets for common print sizes so you don't have to keep typing in numbers for each image.

The thing that really struck me though was the quality of the prints there are a bunch of options for adding filter effects, sharpness, etc. - the default values produce incredible results.

There's a 30 day demo available from the website:

www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

and I'd say it worth a download if only to test it. Prices start at $34.95 for the lite version - I parted with my money after the 3rd print (y)

We went to a dinner last year and the photographer who was doing the portraits there was using QImage on his laptop to view and then print out while you stood there. Seemed very good.(y)

Thing I like about it is that it's the only program I've managed to crow-bar into getting the print to match the screen. I've had no joy with anything else, not even the basic epson print program. Another thumbs up from me!

Used Qimage for batch printing, very good I thought! Think I got it to be able load RAW images, before I used Photoshop....

Another vote for Qimage. The quality of the prints is just exceptional. I like the fact that the default sharpening seems to produce really crisp prints without the need to spend ages working out how much sharpening to apply.

Back