Quadcopter Videography

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I thought some of you might be interested in my footage taken using one of my quadcopters (TBS Discovery) and a gopro 3 camera. This footage has been taken in and around the Plymouth area:

Staff Edit: please do not include links to your commercial venture in every post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Edit: please do not include links to your commercial venture in every post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some great scenery and good sound track. Number 2 for me. Still getting my head around this type of photography but love the different perspective it portrays. Keep them coming. :):)

You certainly did keep them coming - just after I posted my comment. Potential work for Devon Tourist Board there!!

Always fancied a go but concerned they are difficult to fly having no experiance in model flying what so ever.
Nice bit of kit :)

Always fancied a go but concerned they are difficult to fly having no experiance in model flying what so ever.
Nice bit of kit :)

They are so easy to fly and I would highly recommend them to first time fliers. Just remember to do all the pre-flights checks, ie, calibrate the compass, get GPS lock before taking off. That way, even if you did get into trouble (unlikely) it could return home and land automatically.

First few flights should be in a nice wide open space :)

Filmed this at the weekend...

Hi Paul,
I like the video's very much but I feel there are area's for improvement. They would all look better with the fisheye effect removed in GoPro Studio. You also need to correct the gimbal so that it is level and restrict the tilt so not to include the rotors. The H3-3D is great so you can shoot 2.7K at 30fps
Rob

Last edited:
Nice! I could imagine this would be very good for filming cars as they drive through the hills etc (car adverts, promotions etc!)

I don't think you would get away with GoPro footage for car adverts etc... more likely higher end equipment under a Hex or Octo

That was a really nice video Paul.
About the cameras field of view....Can this actually be reduced before you start filming? (with the GoPro3 & the Phantom 2Vision+ own camera?) I mean I can cope with the fish eye effect now and again, I just wouldn't want to use it all the time.

Hey Bletch, yes you can alter the FOV before starting to record. I chose wide on this particular video but you can have less or more depending on your mood lol. You can also alter it later while editing in you prefer :)

Sorry Paul, just noticed your reply, but thanks for the info. I'm saving for one, don't try and stop me! Won't be this year unfortunately, but while I'm in India (September). I'll be scouting a few locations :)

Anyway where's all the videos gone? I need my fix.

Back