Quality non stick frying pan?

Don't rate the knives, they are ok for the price but they don't hold their sharpness - next kitchen purchase will be their replacements!!

They're fantastic when they're free! :D

TBF, I bought a set of knives from them in 2001 and only replaced them in 2019 and that was only because the handles were no longer suitable.

Last edited:
2001 and only replaced them in 1019

Time travelling lizard person? Thought as much. Why not take the forum back to 2005 then? Job done! :)

Be aware carbon steel pans may not work on induction hobs - both that and the 2 large stainless pans we had were not detected by the hob. [emoji45]

D'oh!

If I took the forum back to 2005, I wouldn't be a member.

Shut it! :shifty:

IIRC, we'd both still be on a magazine's forum!

IIRC, we'd both still be on a magazine's forum!

Actually, I joined this one first in April 2007 and the other one soon after. It wasn't until later that year that I actually began posting here.

Reactions: Nod
I've got a large Tefal PFOA-free for doing lower temperature stuff and a large ceramic heavy duty one from John Lewis for steaks and high temperature stuff etc. The ceramic one is very tough and I think it was about £40-50 but definitely worth it.

The mistake we made in the past was to put non-stick pans in the dishwasher. Now we only hand wash both the pans and they are still as good as new. We also store them separately and don't place other pans on them which helps prevent damage.

Forgot to mention, I'm currently using a couple of Tefal titanium frying pans that I bought 18 months ago (24/28cm). I don't really have any complaints as the base hasn't bowed and the non stick works fine but the red circle in the middle stopped working within a few months.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MNBFJRR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think I paid around £25 for the 24cm pan but when I look on Amazon now, there is just one "buying option and it's £65! :eek:

I've got a large Tefal PFOA-free for doing lower temperature stuff and a large ceramic heavy duty one from John Lewis for steaks and high temperature stuff etc. The ceramic one is very tough and I think it was about £40-50 but definitely worth it.

The mistake we made in the past was to put non-stick pans in the dishwasher. Now we only hand wash both the pans and they are still as good as new. We also store them separately and don't place other pans on them which helps prevent damage.

I think most teal type non-sticks tell you to use only moderate temperatures and high one are the cause of the deforming but also the deterioration of the surface. Possibly the ceramic ones are not so bad though the only one I’ve tried (not very expensive) seemed to lose its non stick fairly quickly :(. I’m sticking (;)) with cast iron and carbon steel plus metal implements — non-steel spatulas (except wood/bamboo) are other things that don’t last :).

We have had a couple of Sainsburys own make pans, with heavy stainless bottoms. The non stick coating is superb. My two favourite pans are Circulon stainless bottomed which are over ten years old. We use the small one for eggs and the large one for steaks.

Back