Quayside at Night

Name
Stephanie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone, I was at the Quayside in Newcastle last night and decided to take a few shots...

Nikon_D40_713.jpg

I messed around a bit with the saturation and contrast on this one.

Nikon_D40_716.jpg

This one is totally unedited.

Both of them are quite blurred as they're hanheld, but anyway I'd love to hear from you lot :)

Thanks

Wow! Red sky at night!

TBH, I'm finding the life ring thingy a major distraction. Great reflections in the water though! :)

Hello everyone, I was at the Quayside in Newcastle last night and decided to take a few shots...

Both of them are quite blurred as they're hanheld, but anyway I'd love to hear from you lot :)

Thanks

Hand held at 2 1/2 seconds :eek: I think you did pretty damm well to get results like that of our lovely quayside area, did you use a bollard to steady yourself ?.

First one is burnt out in places but the second version is a whole lot better.

I agree, I think you've pushed the first one a bit to far, the second is much better. Well done for getting it that sharp hand held, perhaps a gorilla pod or tripod would have helped though:)

PS Welcome to TP, enjoy your stay, it's a great place(y)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your advice and comments :)
Yes, I rested my elbows on one of the bollards.
And I did have a tripod, but I was very careless and snapped the handle on it before I even got to use it, very stupid!

I like No 1 even though you've quite obviously gone mad with it. The colours make almost cartoon like. And No 2 is good as well, but for more subtle reasons.

Andy

Back