Question about 1D MkIII for sports use

i don't have a mk2, but i do have a mk2 Ds, so i assume the menus and user interface are similar?

anyway, the point being, the 1D mk3 i have is much much more intuitive to use. the lcd screen is larger, and the menu layouts and buttons are simpler and faster imo than my Ds mk2 which i fund a little cumbersome in comparison.

Yes, my friend I normally go tog'ing with has a MkIIN and he highlighted that difference too.

Its not like I wouldn't be able to get used to the MkIIN, but clearly Canon have realised the short comings and fixed it in the MkIII...

Yes, my friend I normally go tog'ing with has a MkIIN and he highlighted that difference too.

Its not like I wouldn't be able to get used to the MkIIN, but clearly Canon have realised the short comings and fixed it in the MkIII...

I quite like my 1D Mkiin I purchased earlier on in the year, has taken some getting use to compared with the 20D, and I've used the 1D Mkiii at work. After all the troubles of last year with its lauch, today in the current climate, I haven't heard any further problems with this camera, especially the autofocus system (I maybe wrong). The 1D Mkiii is an impressive peice of kit, personally I would rather spend the money on glass, but then again I did spend 4 figures on my 1D Mkii.

Hmmmm the MKIIN would probably be my choice if I could find one... but couldn't be doing with ebay auction stupidity...
I might take you up on that!

I got my 1D Mkiin from Canon Outlet on eBay with a years guarantee and enjoying getting the most out of. The offer of the iin for sale on page 1 is a good £ for a 1D Mkiin especially with 4000 activations. Worth considering

Peter

Cheers Pete!

My mate bought his IIN from those guys on Ebay too. Had some problems to start with, but finally Canon got it fixed. I know thats not a IIN problem, just his body though :)

I've got a day lined up next week for some serious testing at the DTM round at Brands, so this will give me a chance to see how I personally get on with it. I appreciate there is a lot to learn, more than I can in a few hours, but my friend who's MkIII I shall be trying will be there to answer my stupid questions :D

I won't mention the other "leading product" I am also testing on the same day... watch this space though :D

I won't mention the other "leading product" I am also testing on the same day... watch this space though :D

Let me guess, starts with D...... :D, I'm at Shoreham that weekend (one day anyway), typical, same weekend, DTM round at Brands which your going to, Shoreham and Bournemouth airshow, just can't be in two places at once no matter how much I try. Could do, Friday at Bournemouth, Saturday at Brands and Sunday at Shoreham, Monday repair car :bonk: , but that all depends on the weather, and I've not had much luck with that this year

Peter

Yeah as much as trying to choose something for my next toy, I am really looking forward to evaluating two new bits of kit back to back.

Most would say they are not equal and I would probably agree at this point but there are some things on each that I am looking forward to having a go with.

Will definitely write up my results as I think many could be interested, although don't expect any prize winning shots from me!

PS if you miss this DTM you will probably never see it again in the UK, rumour has it thats the end of the UK round.... so book the car in for a service now!

Back