Question about Amazon Photos (Prime). - Added Question Post 12

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
I'm thinking about Amazon Prime, mainly to use the unlimited photo storage.
I think I have unlimted (compressed) storage with Google but photos can only be uploaded as files (not folders).
My question is, can you upload folders of photo files to Amazon?

Yes

I only use jpg not RAW and I'm not sure if you can use the unlimited quota with RAW files, best check?

Can you upload unlimited raw files?

I think so, it was only video files they restricted, not a problem for me. Most of my uploads are RAW.

The latest I can find is that it has unlimited raw file storage.

Please search Amazon for confirmation, which is easier said than done.

I think so, it was only video files they restricted, not a problem for me. Most of my uploads are RAW.

The latest I can find is that it has unlimited raw file storage.

Please search Amazon for confirmation, which is easier said than done.
I could only find a limit for videos.

Yes, it's only video that is limited, just checked.
I have 437,157 jpg's uploaded.

I've taken out another 30-day free trial and uploaded 1500 photos overnight.
It hasn't kept to a normal folder structure but I can see that it has seperated them by date in the side bar, so that's okay.
However I can see that some photos, after uploading, appear to have a green cast and some random .tiff files are just represented by a small icon.
Any idea if this is normal?

I've taken out another 30-day free trial and uploaded 1500 photos overnight.
It hasn't kept to a normal folder structure but I can see that it has seperated them by date in the side bar, so that's okay.
However I can see that some photos, after uploading, appear to have a green cast and some random .tiff files are just represented by a small icon.
Any idea if this is normal?

Did you resolve these problems?

Looking back at some of the failed uploads, most are tif files, however I tend not to save tif files so not a big issue. No issues with green cast.

Did you resolve these problems?

Looking back at some of the failed uploads, most are tif files, however I tend not to save tif files so not a big issue. No issues with green cast.
I think so, looks like they are all RAW files and apparantly Amazon can't decipher the colour format for RAW ... when downloaded from Amazon the files are normal. :)

Back