Question about colour profiles and printing....

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

For the last year I have sent images to print to my HP Z2100 finearts printers in the colour mode Adobe RGB(1998). The only time I have ever had problems was when the printer went under repair (understandable), when the printhead needed replacing (again, understandly since its general maintenance).. but this times its the profile...

The client has supplied the image in ProPhoto RGB. When this is converting to my working RGB (as above) the colours are different - for example the white background makes a yellowy colour.
I can tell photoshop to preserve and print but the colours aren't as vibrant and differs slightly.

So I changed the colour space to the ProPhoto RGB in photoshop (as it was in the list) so converted to working ProPhoto RGB on load. But same printing results.

The printers setting is set to colour managed by image rather than the printer.

So my question is how would I maintain the colour accuracy when sending to print for the ProPhoto space provided by the photographer?
I do work for a variety of photographers and artists but never really been supplied this space.

Thanks

ProPhoto RGB is a huge colour space. It encompasses every colour you can see. However it is so big that no monitor can reproduce the colours range in uses or any printer print them.

However converting the image from ProPhoto to Adobe RGB shouldn't normally give you problems as I would suspect most if not all of the image colours are accommodated by this colour space.

The question is does the background look "Yellowy" on the screen or is it just when it is printed?

You might want to download the following test targets. They are the same image but in sRGB Adobe RGB and ProPhoto RGB. and see if you get similar results

http://www.gballard.net/photoshop/pdi_download/

Back