Question about Sony battery grip (or battery grips in general)

Edit My Images
Yes
I see that the Sony battery grip attaches via the screw that would normally be used to a tripod quick release mount.

If I attach a battery grip, is there now a new screw thing so I can still attach it to the quick release mount?

Hope that makes sense.

I'm tired. :baby:

Hi I recently bought the meike battery grip for my Sony a580 from eBay for £35 and it is awesome may feel a little weird to start with as the view finder is a touch lower than your hand but you get used to that. Really worth the money, really good build quality too.

Had a Meike Grip arrive for my A580 and it just won't work. Tried genuine batteries, knock offs etc. All work ok in the A580 but won't work in the ebay grip.

Tried all combinations of loading batteries too? Any tips?

Boobster said:
Had a Meike Grip arrive for my A580 and it just won't work. Tried genuine batteries, knock offs etc. All work ok in the A580 but won't work in the ebay grip.

Tried all combinations of loading batteries too? Any tips?

Does the camera power up at all? That is, is it just that the buttons on the grip don't work, or is there no power at all? Also, have you tried it with Sony batteries.

My meike grip works great on my a850, but one of the two 3rd party batteries that came with it was a duff.

Back