Question about triggers/receivers on some old gear.

Name
Leon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, just a quick question I’m hoping someone here might be able to help with.
Many years ago I bought the lencarta smart flash 200’s and used the lencarta wavesync as the trigger/receivers.
I recently dusted off all my old gear and miraculously it all still works with the exception of the triggers/receivers. I contacted Lencarta and they don’t stock these anymore and also don’t have anything that would work with the smart flash 200’s as (I was told) they work on the 2.0GHZ system. I’m using the Canon D90 if that’s of importance.

Is anyone here able to link me to a 3rd party trigger/receiver set so I can get these lights back in action?

It’s been so many years since I was doing all this I seem to be having a bit of a brain malfunction and can’t work this out on my own ‍♂️

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to offer advice.

the smartflash 200's have a standard 1/4 sync port, so any cheap dumb triggers should work fine

These for instance
This might seem really stupid but any chance you could ping me a link to something? I’m confused as Lencarta who are a pretty big supplier here in the U.K. said they didn’t have ANYTHING that would work with them and I really struggled to get my head around that, especially if any set should do the trick.

This might seem really stupid but any chance you could ping me a link to something? I’m confused as Lencarta who are a pretty big supplier here in the U.K. said they didn’t have ANYTHING that would work with them and I really struggled to get my head around that, especially if any set should do the trick.
It might sound a wee bit stupid as there's a link in my post - but it's late and we've all had a drink ;)

I doubt Lencarta do have any dumb triggers nowadays, but they could have told you the whole story :)

And this one has the power pass thru like one Lencarta used to sell (link there too)

Back