Question for our Scottish members :)

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Im in Glasgow next week, and wondered how feasible a visit to Loch Of Lowes or somewhere is to see the Ospreys ? Ill be working in Airdrie during the day but should be finished by 5ish, im also thinking of extending my visit into the weekend so obviously that will simplify things a bit :) Ill have a hire car by the way :)

I would say very feasible. It's not that long a drive, and pretty much any way you choose to drive there should give you some very memorable scenery to drive through into the bargain.

If you don't fancy that, you can also stop down at the Scottish Wildlife Trust near Lanark, to visit there. It's more "on the way" so to speak. Also "on the way" is the Wetlands Trust down at Caerlaverock (plus the castle there of course).

Have a good trip!

I would say very feasible. It's not that long a drive, and pretty much any way you choose to drive there should give you some very memorable scenery to drive through into the bargain.

If you don't fancy that, you can also stop down at the Scottish Wildlife Trust near Lanark, to visit there. It's more "on the way" so to speak. Also "on the way" is the Wetlands Trust down at Caerlaverock (plus the castle there of course).

Have a good trip!

When I visited New Lanark some years ago there were Kingfishers about. Maybe they will still be there
Enjoy your trip to Scotland

If your staying in Glasgow you're only a couple of hours drive or so from Boat of Garten for another set of ospreys.

That may be one to consider if i extend into the weekend :) just need to see what develops :) cheers mate :)
Let men know if you are and I might be able to make the trip down :)

Back