Question for Peli users

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I try to avoid asking questions as first posts on any forums but am at the point of buying something! Hello anyway.

Any Peli users, is it possible to attach other items to a rolling case like a 1560? Was thinking lightstands or a tripod maybe? Not sure what (if any) external mounting points there are.

I'm trying to decide between a Peli 1560 with dividers, and the Lowepro Pro Roller 2. They are roughly the same price (once the lid divider is added to the Peli). I think I'd prefer the strength/security of the Peli but the flexibility of the Lowepro for tripods/lightstands/reflectors appeals as well. I'm not sure I like the idea of spending £250 on a canvas bag with zips though - seems expensive.

Appreciate anyones experience or thoughts and will post something more contributing soon!

Andy

I have the Peli 1610,no,there are no anchor points for attachments.

I use a Peli 1510 with wheels

1355155069_69ac30e1ed_o.jpg

This fits all I need in it with no problem - You can't attach things to the outside of a Peli as there are no good fixing points. You could attach stands to the outside using a spanset through the handle but I wouldn't think it would travel well.

Just be careful of the pull out handle on the 1560's if you load them heavy - I have a couple of 1560s which have 10 laptops & network gear in each, and it can really strain the pulling handle unless you are careful.

Thanks for the quick replies! Will take a look at both the 1560 and 1510 to see which suits best. Will be carrying camera body + battery pack, 18-200, 11-16 2.8, couple of small primes and 3 speedlights. Need capacity for a 70-200 as well at some point.

Appreciate your help. Think I'd prefer the security aspect of the Peli and figure out another way to carry lightstands, reflectors, etc.

I gave up using Peli, they are great for storing gear or transporting in a car boot, but not good for carrying your gear round on a busy shoot

Hugh

We have a number of Peli's and although there are no attachment points it's easy enough to secure large tripods etc using a long enough ratchet strap, just wrap it around the Peli and tighten it, works for me and I've been uisng them for years:)

Back