QUESTIONS FOR CANON 430EXII OF CAMERA

Edit My Images
No
Hey people i have canon 6d with a 430 ex ii flash, i have just purchased some yongnuo yn622c triggers and have noticed that i can't use my flash in manual mode, as as my camera does not give me this option from the external flash sections, any reason as to why this is happening

You're not saying what it is you're doing, but I checked the user manual and it looks the same as other Canons.

What might be confusing you is that you need to set the flash itself in ETTL mode. Then in the camera menu you set the external flash to Manual and you can set the power etc.

You need to remember that the flash in Manual mode is dumb and is just listening for 'fire now' on the centre pin. To listen for other instructions your flash needs to be in ETTL mode.

hey phil basically i as trying to fire my flash in manual mode, every time i set the flash to manual when i then half press my shutter down it goes back to ettl, I'm not sure if the fact that the canon 430 ex ii is not a master flash has anything to do with it

hey phil basically i as trying to fire my flash in manual mode, every time i set the flash to manual when i then half press my shutter down it goes back to ettl, I'm not sure if the fact that the canon 430 ex ii is not a master flash has anything to do with it
The flash has to be in ETTL for the camera to control it. Then you set the flash to Manual in the camera menu, you can set the power from the camera. Like I said, the camera can't communicate anything other than 'fire' to a flash in Manual, to control it, the flash needs to be in ETTL mode (but not to fire as an ETTL flash)

Back