Quick Hello from Warrington

P

Paul Blythe

Hi all :wave:

I'm currently using an Olympus C-750UZ 38-380mm (f/2.8-3.7), plus a 1.7x converter lens (646mm @ f/3.7). Had this for about three years now and it's quite a useful tool, but it's features are limited compared to a D-SLR.

I'm looking to get my first D-SLR, probably a Canon EOS 400D, so I'll be pestering you kind people about lens's etc. very soon.

You'll normally find my taking snaps of Birds (of the tweet, tweet variety), fellow Mountain Bikers, Motorbikes (BSB, WSB & Moto GP) and my two Border terriers.

Hi Paul and welcome along:wave:

Hello and welcome.

(y) welcome paul (y)

hello Paul

:welcome:

Hi Paul, Welcome to TPF :wave:

hullo

I was going to start asking about what lens for this, what lens for that etc... but having a good look through the site I think all my questions have just about been answered :D

The end of March should be D(slr)-day. I'm hoping that my choice in kit will do me proud.

Kit (subject to me find something more suitable)

Canon EOS 400 D + kit lens & other vital bits
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM lens
Extender EF 1.4x II

At a latter date:

Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM

The EF 70-200 (inc. 1.4x II) should be good for wildlife and motor sport (motorbikes) photo's. I want to get some large prints (A3) this year of the bikes and am hoping that this lens will provide suitably sharp pictures for the job.

The kit lens will be used for general & mountain bike photo's where I'll be after smaller prints or for posting on the tinternet. I might replace this with the EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 at a latter date.

Back