Quick Help Please - DVD Manufacturers

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
What's the best/preferred manufacturer for good quality DVDs? And what's the difference between +R and -R?

We're having a lot of probs authoring DVDs with the cheap issue stuff from Banner and even just writing data disks is a problem as about 80% of them fail to write properly (and when they do they sometimes just decide to stop working after a while on other computers).

Nothing consistant, nothing you can point at and say "it's that laptop, or it's that batch of DVDs..."

Just random naff-ness, I suspect.

We're doing a rush-job at the mo, so any help much appreciated.

SVP is pretty good. I've used them plenty of times in the past. You can email them ask them to recommend which DVD media is the best one at the moment. They (the different manufacturers) have ups and downs apparently.

Great! Just what I needed, Thanks, mateys.

I've used allsorts from datawrite to verbatim to sony to inifiti.

Using Infiniti Samurai's at the moment, cost a little extra but a really well put together disc.

As said, all manufacturers have their ups and downs, and all chop and change the dyes they use on their discs....

That's normally the most important factor, the dye.

I used to be a big fan of Ritek G-04 / G-05 dye, they were the top notch at one point. Not sure what the best flavour is these days. But the right dye can be found on a few discs. Once youve found a good combo of the right manufacturer / dye....you'll be laughing (until they change it).

To check the dye of the discs you're having problems with...go get a (free) program called "DVD Identifier", it'll tell you what your discs are made of :)

We do a fair bit of dvd duplication and always use Datawrite Titanium 8x DVD-R

They are fairly cheap but the quality seems to be spot on. Would say you maybe get maybe 3 duff discs in 300 maybe (thought I am starting to think this maybe our duplicator as it only tends to happen in the first couple of runs after turning the machine on!)
dvr4015pz0.jpg

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product...3040&session=710a6bd0ff686083fbe3ee009221ded6

EDIT: We do only use printables so cant vouch for their non printable ones, but cant see them being any different.

dont use optima blues from datawrite I've had to bin a fair few yet the titanium non printables and the greys (8x) and the old red 4x v3 were all great

beel looking to get some yellow 16x next (All -r) use SVP aswell cant fault them speedy next day delivery each time.

Ditto on the Ritek G04 & 05 dyes.

I still have a couple of hundred of each. Very rarely get a coaster

Yep.. Another vote for the Ritek, Never had a problem with them and I have written thousands quite a few..:cautious:

Bear in mind that Ritek do make discs but with non-Ritek dye...I think the brand of disc is RiDisc, but they also use other dyes.....confusing isnt it? :D

Another vote for Verbatim here. I find +R's to be the most reliable and also the most compatible, especially with standalone players

Back