Quick Question - Kodak Retinette 11B

Plain Nev

Vincent Furnier
Name
Neville
Edit My Images
Yes
I picked up a nice one recently. However, I'm unable to find a manual, or even the information I need online. I can probably work out most of it, but there is a big sliding button to the right of the viewfinder, and I'm unsure what it does. Would anyone here know?

Same site, but specifically the 11B

How nice it is to have Butkus.org as a resource.

I did see that. Unfortunately my German is non existent.... Having said that I have now found an English version of the page I need on Flickr, of all places, and I think I've grasped what it's for now. It's for resetting the film counter. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
If my rather rusty German doesn't fail me, I believe that the button on top with a kind of partial shield around it is an unlocking button, which you hold down whilst moving the lever next to the viewfinder right, to move the frame counter to the maximum for the film length, according to that manual it would be 1 less than the official film length ie 35for a 36, 23 for a 24; I presume it counts down from there to tell you how many frames you have left.

If my rather rusty German doesn't fail me, I believe that the button on top with a kind of partial shield around it is an unlocking button, which you hold down whilst moving the lever next to the viewfinder right, to move the frame counter to the maximum for the film length, according to that manual it would be 1 less than the official film length ie 35for a 36, 23 for a 24; I presume it counts down from there to tell you how many frames you have left.
Yes, that's my understanding of it. Thanks Lindsay.

What a curious arrangement that is. You depress the one button and jog the exposure counter along with the other.

Back