quick quiz

Edit My Images
No
bet the older people get it first !!

what well known photo was taken with this camera ?

img329_Medium_.jpg

no i think i meant the cleverererer people will get it first

not m.m. it was about 1970 . one picture in particular .

most certainly is . and Bob , your point is made ,no need to say anything else .

The girl was Kim Phuc.

phucfa2000.jpg

Kim went on to survive although it took months of painful rehabilitation to treat the third degree burns that was over more than half of her body.
Kim is now a Canadian citizen and shares her thoughts on survival and inspiration. She has travelled all over the world, meeting and talking with people about peace. She is now a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
I took this from the net the full article can be found here.
http://www.geogr.uni-goettingen.de/kus/personen/vn/vn-1972-napalm.htm

ok for those of us born after 1970 what is this all about?

The shot was taken in Vietnam of this terrified naked little girl screaming and running away from the devastation behind her.

It hit all the front pages at the time and of all the many great photos taken in Vietnam, this one has come to symbolise the horror of that conflict, perhaps more than any other.

Here's another famous one from Vietnam. The guy holding the gun is the Chief of Police and he did execute the guy.

vietnam.jpg

The vietnam war Toothie, follow Rhodese link for the details behind the shot. Must be the night for it, this is the second thread about human suffering I've seen tonight.

EDIT CT beat me to it, and a much better and fuller response it was too.

I've got the Photo Book and these photos are both in it. Really brings out the emotion in you

i took the picture at one of the london museums a few years ago ( science ? ) and i came across the negative the other night , ive just started to scan a few , mostly of the kids , but i remember the picture in the papers when it happened ,and then this THIS camera took that picture ,nick ut stood there and pressed the shutter at that moment in time ,and the world see yet another example of how bad/evil ? some things in this world are . should he have taken it ? watching someones suffering like that , but if he hadnt ,along with all the others who document the world we might all just think that nothing bad ever happens ,maybe its the kick up the arse the world needs sometimes ,was it jon pilger ?? that showed the world the starving in africa ? i think the world needs photographers , not a rant just a few thoughts ( and not very good ones at that but its a start ) thanks for all your replys

Back