Quick release plate

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there a quick release plate out there that I can attach my strap to whilst the plate is screwed to the bottom of the camera, or would the d ring thats used to tighten the screw be strong enough?

Is there a quick release plate out there that I can attach my strap to whilst the plate is screwed to the bottom of the camera, or would the d ring thats used to tighten the screw be strong enough?

http://www.blackrapid.com/products/fastenr-t1

I had same thoughts and went for one of these. I use a q-strap who suggested that the ordinary tripod qr plate screw d should be ok but it just felt a bit on the flimsy side.

Suppose it depends also if this suits your tripod plate

Thanks Jim, but I was looking for a plate that has a slot that would take a standard 12mm strap.

I wouldn't trust my camera to the D ring of a QD plate as the ends of the D only go in a tiny amount and would easily pull out decanting your pride and joy onto the nasty concrete beneath!

Heather

I wouldn't trust my camera to the D ring of a QD plate as the ends of the D only go in a tiny amount and would easily pull out decanting your pride and joy onto the nasty concrete beneath!

Heather

Good call, I'll stick with the strap with qr clips. Ta.

Back