Quick snap by the river

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all. Thought I'd get some critique and thoughts regarding this shot I took of my girlfriend recently. It was a fairly off the cuff type picture, so not much set up was done.

Canon 650D with Canon f1.8 50mm
f1.8
1/2500
ISO100

IMG_5163 by Apertravel, on Flickr

Hope you like it and would love some feedback, specifically regarding what kind of editing you think it needs.

Cheers!

Alex

Hi Alex. I'm far from an expert but if it was my image I would lift the shadows on her face and maybe inject some white too. What do you use to edit?

I love the seperation from the background and the contrasting colours of her hair and the blue sky. All in all i'd be really happy with it, especially with the adjustments mentioned above.

Cheers.
David.

Last edited:
slightly under exposed for me, I lifted the exposre by a stop or so added some un-sharp mask to lift it slightly

Les

Overall I find the original quite appealing. Nice smile and contact with the camera. I like the hair falling over her left eye. The shallow DOF is working for me.

I feel it's gonna be hard to improve this a lot in PP. What it needed was either a reflector or some fill flash (pop-up would do) to get some light in her eyes.

Back