Quick walk around the Shambles

I do like that last one :) cracking shot.

Cheers Paul.

I guess I'm lucky that she's photogenic (unlike her father) and has a vague interest in photography.

Not a lot to the shot - ISO at 2500, shot at f1.4 (just ambient light!)

If I'm being picky I think I would have shot from a lower position but this was a smash and grab raid as there were people waiting to go into the cell! Fired off a couple of shots then got out!

If I'm being picky I think I would have shot from a lower position
I think the shooting position is spot on, being above her gives the sense of "submission" (for want of a better word) - as in she is locked up and you are the warden as it were.

She is a terrific "model" for sure :)

I think these are very well done. Sad to see she is behind bars...hope she gets out soon :D.

Lovely as always Sir.

Great work Shaheed, the second one of your lovely little model is my favourite from a very strong set.
I think it's because of Sophia's gaze and her eye contact with the camera, it really draws the viewer in.

Great work Shaheed, the second one of your lovely little model is my favourite from a very strong set.
I think it's because of Sophia's gaze and her eye contact with the camera, it really draws the viewer in.

Thanks Iain!

It's also my fave of the three.

I started to see the appeal of doing the projects you've done as I really enjoyed taking the pics of Sophia in the interesting locations. Sadly no time. However I might start asking more strangers for pics when we start touring in the campervan.

If you've not been yet, I can recommend York as an interesting location to see some interesting folk.

I did ask a stranger for a pic but it was with the film camera so god knows how that's turned out!

I found a decent location and luckily the light was in the right place (or else I would have moved Sophia around)

I shot with the sigma 35 f1.4 art (no reflectors/flash)

Thanks for your comments - always appreciated!

@Sir SR
There's a project right there Shaheed....The Rahmans On Tour :D
I will certainly consider a visit to York for my project, touristy places are generally rich for stranger subjects, except Blackpool I crashed and burned there haha!

A super set. her eyes really do captivate. Also really like the light on the last one. Nothing else too add.

@Sir SR
There's a project right there Shaheed....The Rahmans On Tour :D
I will certainly consider a visit to York for my project, touristy places are generally rich for stranger subjects, except Blackpool I crashed and burned there haha!

Well, the good lady had bought a 5 pictured ladder frame which is to be filled with photos from our travels!

A super set. her eyes really do captivate. Also really like the light on the last one. Nothing else too add.

Thank you. She had packed eyeliner and mascara in her travel bag for the weekend. She generally behaves well so we let her put some on when we went out. She did it herself and does it pretty well.

It was quite dark in the prison cell but the light created some interesting light, especially with the head Inbetween the bars.

Ah, my eldest is 6, going on 16. Luckily we are not at the point of wanting to wear it outside the house at the moment. its good t have a willing model!

As good as they are I'd also like to see the 1st and 2nd shot in B&W, only because of the oof adverts top left of your girl.

As good as they are I'd also like to see the 1st and 2nd shot in B&W, only because of the oof adverts top left of your girl.

I did think about cloning then out but then I thought it was just part of the environment we were in!

Back