Quick way of adding a watermark?

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there a quick/batch method to ading a watermark to a whole load of images at once? With recent images I have been using the method in this tutorial: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=434225

Its a great tutorial, and has worked really well, but I want to go through all 124 of my photos which are on flickr, and add a watermark to them. Using the method above means opening each image individually and adding the watermark manuall using a preset brush.

Any quicker ways to do it, but still use a custom watermark (rather than just something in a standard font)?

Last edited:
umark does this, I've downloaded a trial and it's quick and easy to use ... just unsure if I want to go the watermark route :thinking:

umark does this, I've downloaded a trial and it's quick and easy to use
Thanks! Will give that a try this evening.

just unsure if I want to go the watermark route :thinking:

I am having the same dilemma, but I have read a few posts/stories on this forum and on other sites about people basically having their work nicked and then sold (not that I think any of my shots are good enough for that!! haha), and with recent changes in the copyright law, its only going to happen more by all accounts.

On the other hand I am only planning on a smallish one in the bottom right-hand corner, which I suppose could easily be removed, so is it really worth it?

Decisions, Decisions...

Faststone gives you the option to add text, so you can use something simple like © Mypicture, or you can use an image, and yes png files can be used. Obviously it gives you the option as to where the watermark should be positioned, and it also allows you to change the opacity if you don't want your watermark to be too intrusive.

I never understand why many use other programs to do what you can do in Photoshop.
All you have to do is do it once and record it making an action you can run at any time, also batch a load of images all at once.
I like to make mine with text and then remove the fill but leave a drop shadow and bevel and emboss, then reduce the opacity.
They is other ways as well but depends on your photoshop skills.

Back