R/C cars: modeltune GP

Edit My Images
Yes
Kinda transportish :p

A bit of touring car action from yesterdays Modeltune GP.

_MG_1663.jpg

_MG_1709.jpg

_MG_1919.jpg

_MG_1944.jpg

We brought our buggys to show them how it should be done though ;)
_MG_2040.jpg

1 and 5 for me, the ones that have the least context allowing the viewer's imagination to take over. The panoramic crop ratio seems to suit the subject matter nicely.

Thanks for the comments :)

I decided to give a go with my 300mm and get tighter crops than I been able to do before #1 was actually taken from a 2nd floor balcony overlooking the track mostly they've just been letterboxed with the exception of #4 which has been cropped a bit tighter as i was taking a picture over most of the distance of the track.

Knowing how quick some of those rc's go you did a great job. :)

25 years ago I raced 1/12th scale electrics, about 30mph indoor on soft neoprene tyres, about 50mph outdoors on hard rubber tyres

good to catch them at all, well done

Nice photos. I used to race Nitro off road and just stopped drifting. You done great job catching them. I used to get mine up to 95 kays.

This is just an annual event ran here in Northern Ireland although living in England there should be clubs near you that race :)

These cars where running 19t motors so would hit about 35mph or so down the straight, the buggys was unlimited. I had a 4.5 brushless motor in mine so i've no idea what sorta speed I was hitting but it was well in excess of 35mph.

Outdoors in my pan car I could hit about 80-90mph, its mental.

you've got some good shots there, Mole - a tad noisy? But nice and sharp and good sense of speed

This is just an annual event ran here in Northern Ireland although living in England there should be clubs near you that race :)

These cars where running 19t motors so would hit about 35mph or so down the straight, the buggys was unlimited. I had a 4.5 brushless motor in mine so i've no idea what sorta speed I was hitting but it was well in excess of 35mph.

Outdoors in my pan car I could hit about 80-90mph, its mental.

4.5 brushless in the 1/10th buggy. You must be stripiing tires in 10 minutes.:LOL:

It's a one off event normally im racing in leagues which run 19t motors since this was an open event I decided to go mad and go 2-3 steps above the sensible motor choice :p

It was interesting to say the least, its the only time i've ever been able to do doughnuts in the car and actually leave rubber behind on the polished wooden floor :D.

The picture are all quite noisy because they are shot at 1600, i did some heavy NR on picture 3 but I dont like the smoothness you get out of it so I dunno which I prefer and going halfway doesnt look good either.

All but #1 would be iso1600, #2 is iso400 i think.

Back