R.I.P my friend

badlywornroy

I am not macho
Name
Roy
Edit My Images
No
Today we have lost our big gentle labrador 'Harris' and we are heartbroken.

i-2Qz4GZg-XL.jpg

At approaching 14 years old he had a good 'innings' but we are selfish humans and we wanted more. Sadly 'old father time' wouldn't wait any longer and Harris was put to sleep painlessly cradled in Mum and Dad's arms.

We already miss his gentle comforting presence and Jess our cocker spaniel is missing her big brother and bedmate.

i-g3FjXrx-XL.jpg

i-WFztrhJ-XL.jpg

R.I.P big boy you were a fantastic dog and companion.

Roy

Poor Harris :-(
Its sad and horrible, we lost our collie a couple of years ago and it still gets to us now.
Looks like he had a great life though and looked like a happy boy :)
Hope you're both ok :)

I'd have that shot of him in the field framed and hung on the wall as a reminder, he looks really happy and content and thats how you should remember him :)

I know how you feel, have been there too often. Lovely shots you have of Harris though, what a handsome fellow.

The Rainbow Bridge
inspired by a Norse legend
By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,

Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.

Where the friends of man and woman do run,

When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,

Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.

On this golden land, they wait and they play,

Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,

For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.

Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,

Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,

Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.

All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,

Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;

Together again, both person and pet.

So they run to each other, these friends from long past,

The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,

Has turned into joy once more in each heart.

They embrace with a love that will last forever,

And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies and condolences. My post was entirely cathartic and it does help to talk.

The Rainbow Bridge. I think that is beautiful Bazza and thank you for sharing.

Roy

What a lovely face, great photos of a handsome fella. I do feel really upset at your loss of such a nice boy.

Very very sad to hear Roy & such wonderful shots that show such a characterful face.

A lovely looking dog.

Sorry to hear of your loss, it hard saying goodbye to a faithful friend. At least you have some great memories and some lovely photographs , number 3 is a corker !

Sorry to hear about your loss. A year last Sept we had our dog put to sleep and we were heartbroken too but time does heal as they say and then you start laughing about the silly things that they did. We left it a few months before 'rescuing' another dog which would have had a miserable life so that helped a little (that's Charlie in my avatar).
John

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about you losing your friend. :(

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, we lost our Oscar at the beginning of the year and the sympathy on TP really helped. I was totally in bits, 4 months on and the pain has eased, I hope it does for you too.
Matt

It's always awful reading about people losing their beloved pets, they leave such enormous holes when they pass. :(

Remember the good times though, and take comfort in knowing that big beautiful furry bundle of joy had a great life thanks to you. :)

So sorry to hear your bad news, I'm sure you will miss him greatly. Given time you will be able to remember the good times you all had together. He was a lucky lad to have such a loving family.
Run free in doggy heaven Hariss.

@Bassa that is a wonderful poem, brought tears to my eyes.

Beautiful dog, beautiful photos. So sorry for your loss.

Sorry this is sad.
Yesterday my 5 years old Son got book from his school to homework....

The Dog show.

I like the big dog.
I like the small dog.
I like the wet dog.
I like the dry dog.
I like the fat dog.
I like the thin dog...
..But I love my dog.

A big thank you again to you all. I do feel very sad when I return to read your comments but it does help the grieving process and I know many of you have experienced the loss of a loved family pet.

We collected Harris's ashes today from our vets after an individual cremation and intend to find a quiet spot in the garden for his final resting place with a small memento as a permanent reminder.

Can I leave you with another picture reminder of Harris and is best friend 'Jess' our working cocker.

Harris

i-tmNCrMZ-XL.jpg

Harris & Jess.

i-Tkt9RdG-X2.jpg

Thanks again.

Roy

Back