R5 and RF 100-500mm is a magical pairing

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Even though I bought the R5 last summer and the RF 100-500mm in October, I haven't really had a good chance to use them.
I went out to a local place in Liverpool today called Everton Brow, it gives a great spanning view of the city.

This image shows what the view was like from where I was standing
2021-02-22 17.16.16.jpg

This is a shot of the Radio City Tower, taken at 363mm, so I could have gotten even tighter if I wanted to.
2021-02-22 17.04.56.jpg

And then with the cropping ability of those amazing 45 megapixels, this is how close you can get to it.
2021-02-22 17.04.56-2.jpg

Hopefully the resolution won't be killed when uploading it but they're all sharp.

I know the RF glass is expensive but the quality is simply stunning.

Have you noticed the wobbly bit where the internal glass moves around sometimes when you are walking........mine was doing it so I tried the af button and it seemed to lock into place for quite some time...( forgot to check at the end of the walk)

also heard you shouldn’t detach the lens unless the camera has been off for a few seconds as it locks the glass.....

just a concern when transporting...?

Have you noticed the wobbly bit where the internal glass moves around sometimes when you are walking........mine was doing it so I tried the af button and it seemed to lock into place for quite some time...( forgot to check at the end of the walk)

also heard you shouldn’t detach the lens unless the camera has been off for a few seconds as it locks the glass.....

You know I noticed this with the RF 70-200/2.8 and the RF600/11 while carrying the camera with the lens pointing down. It was quite disconcerting as I've never noticed this with my Nikon lenses.

You know I noticed this with the RF 70-200/2.8 and the RF600/11 while carrying the camera with the lens pointing down. It was quite disconcerting as I've never noticed this with my Nikon lenses.
Oh no ....I’ve got the 70-200 and never looked.....saw a blog on another forum where a rental company had some internal lens breakages on the 100-500 so it was a concern...seemed to be the only instance though ......im sure Canon know what they are doing but if there is a process to lock the lens I’d like to follow it......

Hmmm haven't noticed that. I have the tension ring set to tight so it doesn't move as easy.
I always wait a few seconds before detaching the lens, pretty sure I read that on a review somewhere.

Is that not the lens stabilisation?

It is but it seems to be very loose. Even when turning the boy off, and shutting down correctly after taking the lens off you can see the mechanisms inside moving as you wobble the lens around. Maybe it's completely fine, I was assuming it was normal, just odd coming from Nikon where it doesn't seem to do this,

It is but it seems to be very loose. Even when turning the boy off, and shutting down correctly after taking the lens off you can see the mechanisms inside moving as you wobble the lens around. Maybe it's completely fine, I was assuming it was normal, just odd coming from Nikon where it doesn't seem to do this,
I'll have to check my 70-200 and 100-500, can't say I've noticed though.

Back