Raby Castle

Messiah Khan

Santa is your dad
Name
Alasdair Fowler
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to Raby castle to pick up the Christmas tree on Saturday. Decided to wander round the grounds. Turned out to be interesting weather.

Lord_of_the_Lake_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Out_of_the_mist_it_rises_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Guard_against_the_mist_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Tree_of_fog_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

:)

Great collection of shots

2 and 4 for me. Nice shots!

First for me, classic composition, just enough sky detail to retain interest.

Know Raby Castle very well, used to go fishing there with my old man...absolute serenity, deer around, long horned cattle, good fishing....bliss :)

No.2!

You are quiet possibley the most accomplished photographer I have seen on these forums (not that I really know my stuff so take it with a pinch of slat!). I'm always blowm away by your pics. Simply stunning!

Thank everyone. :)

Very nice set, although I think I like the colour shot best. Out of interest, what sort of toning technique are you using these days?

Cheers. Ive now made a Lightroom preset with my favoured toning settings. Its basically a yellow/sepia colour in the hightlights and a dark blue/green colour in the shadows. I keep tweaking it and making it subtler and subtler, but I think its getting there now.

Great stuff - but you must have a bloody big house if that last shot is the tree you bought?

:LOL: Thats some funny looking crimbo tree!

No.2!

You are quiet possibley the most accomplished photographer I have seen on these forums (not that I really know my stuff so take it with a pinch of slat!). I'm always blowm away by your pics. Simply stunning!

Wow, isn't that one of the best compliments ive ever had. Thank you. :)

Ive still got a load of shots from York that I took on Sunday to process so i'll be posting them up in the near future hopefully. :)

I like the misty atmosphere in 3&4, the weather must have changed really quick from the first shot(y)

Back