Radpower eBike

Name
Jak
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of treating myself to one of these:

Anyone here had any experience of them at all?

I understand they are quite popular in the USA.

Many thanks all

I've had a look at leccy bikes for a while and a few things seem to crop up a lot, one thing seems to be hub motors don't seem well liked, apparently motors in the crank are far better?

They are pretty much low quality crap TBH that expanded rapidly through heavy social media advertising in a Niche market of small fat ballon tyres.

If you really want a quality eBike go with the well esyablished names but if you are looking for a bit of style as well then this company are very highly regarded in the eBike sector:

You need to be looking for a good brand motor like Bosch or Shimano; they are much more natural and nicer to ride not some Chinese hub motor that feel OK until you have ridden a bike with a good motor that makes your cadence feel natural.

You can get some good aftermarket Chinese midmotors. Ive got a tongsheng tsdz2 on my Whyte Dorset. Brilliant motor, powerful and good range. I just wish it looked a little neater as the cables are too long and a pain to shorten.
Just make sure you get the 48v version as the 36v is apparently lacking in comparison. The kit cost me about 250 and 350 for a 17ah 48v battery. Get a decent second hand donor for around 300 and you’ll have a good ebike for under a grand.

Have you looked at Motoglide? A range of electric bicycles and sit on scooters. I know the chap that owns the business.

Bought an e mountain bike in the autumn -best thing I've ever bought, and I don't think I'm exaggerating (Moustache, as someone linked to above - their Game 6 - not cheap mind!). Maybe not what you're looking for, but for me it's getting me back into mountain biking, out the house, into the hills, allowing me to take my camera gear to places quickly, where it would otherwise have taken me hours to reach. and it's getting me places I'd never have managed on my old mountain bike! If only I hadn't crashed it in December - doh!

Hi, well I'm. edging toward a Moustache Samedi X road 3 eBike, I spoke to Stuart at Spoke and Motor, they have some models in stock. When Covid restrictions allow I'll be off to the showroom to have a closer look :)

Hi, well I'm. edging toward a Moustache Samedi X road 3 eBike, I spoke to Stuart at Spoke and Motor, they have some models in stock. When Covid restrictions allow I'll be off to the showroom to have a closer look :)

You won't be dissapointed Jak - The Samedi X Road 3 is awesome and a great choice! (y)

Back