RAF Cosford Museum

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few images from a visit to RAF cosford a little while ago. It was the first time I've been there and the reason for the visit was to see the TSR2 they have there. I went to Duxford on the Saturday to see their TSR2 and thought it would be a good idea to visit the Cosford TSR2 on the Sunday!!

I wanted to get a load of detail photo's amongst other things due to having several of the Airfix 1/48 scale TSR2's to build!!

C90B6870.jpg

C90B6941.jpg

C90B6898.jpg

C90B6944.jpg

C90B6934.jpg

C90B6923.jpg

Nice shots in cramped surroundings. I used to pass that EE P1 every morning when it was Gate Guardian at RAF Henlow and the TSR2 was kept in a big shed near where I lived on base. I have pics of it on the back of a lorry!

Excellent pictures.

My Dad was stationed at Cosford in the late '70's , and I used to visit the museum, it certainly has changed. I think it's missing a few of the other experimantal aircraft they had, the BAC 221 in particular.

I love the shots of the Bristol 188.

Wow, you are probably sitting on a nice little earner there, I havbe never seen these pictures before.

They are awesome (y)

All part of history now!! If you dont know of it there is a forum called Iconic Aircraft which i'm a member of. Its all about British aircraft although focusses a bit more on the Vulcan.

I'm sure everyone over there would love to see these pics. If you dont want to sign up et all would you mind if I posted them up over there?

Some great angles there, i went the museum a few weeks back and thought that the cold war museum was very good but useless for gettin photo`s.

Back