RAF Cottesmore, Cranwell and Waddington

Edit My Images
Yes
Took a long overdue visit to Cottesmore on Tuesday (27/04/10) and wsa rewarded with eleven Harriers and the final flight of Nimrod MR2 XV226 in two hours!

Finally caught the Navy special tail as well.

I then took a brief visit to RAF Cranwell and RAF Waddington to catch a couple of visiting aircraft.

Great light to start with but got worse from about lunch time as you can see in a couple later images.

Only thumbnails here due to the image size restrictions click on the thumbnails for full sized images and a full selection can be found on my site: http://www.fast-air.co.uk/RAF-Cottesmore-Pictures-100429.htm

1)
[

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Last edited:
Well, they look ok, but need to see them larger in the post! Straining my old eyes staring close to the screen!

Good set Gord.......the only one I am not keen on is the Alpha, but thats not the photo I just dont like the plane, they are not pretty things............as for a favourite out of these its even harder to pick one as they are all very good, but if I must it has to be between 1 and 5 ....... 1 for the detail and 2 for the nice rudder.

Pete

Yep! Thats much better and worth waiting for. Good set! I disagree about the Alpha, I think it looks OK, but then again you could hardly call the Harrier 'nice looking'!
One mans meat n all that!

Thanks for taking the time to look and the comments.

I think the Alpha Jet all depends on the paint scheme. Not a fan of the French one, especially with the dayglo tips, but in the German camo scheme that QinetiQ operated their Alphas in before repainted them I thought they looked great.

Like I said earlier, GREAT set but I personally dont like the Alpha, a great shot none the less but I dont like the plane, nothing to do with the good shot of it

Back