RAF Leeming - 24th May

Edit My Images
Yes
Spent the day at RAF Leeming and caught the following....

hawkx2.jpg

HawkSCS1.jpg

F-3FX.jpg

F-3FXa.jpg

hawk2-1.jpg

F3FXc.jpg

F3vapour.jpg

F3x2.jpg

Chinook1.jpg

chinook5low.jpg

Some nice shots there but to me they lack a little colour, maybe increase the saturation a little and possibly have a play with the shadow tool too.:)

Otherwise I would say some good shots in the conditions.(y)

Nice light on the Tornado with vapour trails on its wing tips. Also nice looking Hawk in it 90th anniversary colour scheme. Did you use shadow/highlight tool on them shots? As said before,could do with a little boost in saturation.
Very nice:clap:
Dean:)

Anyone know what the skull and crossbones is all about??

No exif in the images but judging by the blades on the helicopter being frozen rather than having some nice movement blur, I'd say you had the shutter speed a bit too fast. Some of the shots look a bit noisy - did you put the ISO up to get the shutter speed?

Anyone know what the skull and crossbones is all about??

Thats the Squadron markings of 100 squadron beased at RAF Leeming in North Yorkshire
more found here
http://www.raf.mod.uk/structure/100squadron.cfm

the Chinook is probably the hardest chopper of them all to get a good Rotor blur as the Rotor spins extremly slowly
so its a trade off - to get a sharp photo or some extra prop blur

Chris you seem to be 'getting about abit' these days
Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, how you doing....

As for the Chinook it just appeared and as i was at 1/800th of a sec for the F-3s the rotors got frozen but it is a pain to get blur on the wokka, you neeed about 1/160th just to get a tiny bit of blur.

Nice flying death banana :D

Back