RAF Leeming

They let you take pics onto their property.

I used to work in a similar place and we were told to report anyone doing that.

From the viewing area outside the fence. Sigma 150-600mm or Nikon 30mm F4 prime on DX .

Last edited:
Please be aware these are taken with a long reach lens, and then cropped in!! Knowing when and what is flying is pot luck really. There are restrictions due to circumstances called NOTAMS, which will tell you when they are NOT flying. Pretty much Monday-Friday midday you'll be fine. RAF don't work Friday afternoons or weekends. At Leeming, you might only get the Hawks, and a couple of training props, but the Typhoons are there for a couple more weeks I believe. The viewing area is in Leeming village, pretty much next to the Willow tree pub, 51 Roman Road, Northallerton DL7 9SN. There is also a good spot on the runway approach on the flyover, off the A1, signposted RAF Leeming, Which is where photos can be took of take off and landing etc. Depending on what direction the wind is blowing.

Last edited:
Please be aware these are taken with a long reach lens, and then cropped in!! Knowing when and what is flying is pot luck really. There are restrictions due to circumstances called NOTAMS, which will tell you when they are NOT flying. Pretty much Monday-Friday midday you'll be fine. RAF don't work Friday afternoons or weekends. At Leeming, you might only get the Hawks, and a couple of training props, but the Typhoons are there for a couple more weeks I believe. The viewing area is in Leeming village, pretty much next to the Willow tree pub, 51 Roman Road, Northallerton DL7 9SN. There is also a good spot on the runway approach on the flyover, off the A1, signposted RAF Leeming, Which is where photos can be took of take off and landing etc. Depending on what direction the wind is blowing.

FAB thanks :)

Dave

Shots 3 and 4 in particular look really good.

Can I ask if there is a reason you have converted to BnW?

Shots 3 and 4 in particular look really good.

Can I ask if there is a reason you have converted to BnW?

No reason really. Maybe I thought they were a bit noisy so mono always suits noise better IMO. Its the first time ive been impressed with the Sigma 150-600. C.

Back