Rain and battery accessories - Canon R6MII

Edit My Images
Yes
Getting back into the swing of things and I'm on the hunt for a few tips/ideas on both waterproofing and powering a Canon R6MII.

Back in the DSLR days the OPTech rainsleeve (or one of the myriad of other random brand names that use the same design) was very popular. Cheap and slipped over mostly everything.
However the R6MII has a fixed viewfinder cup and the little recess that runs around it also runs past the dioptre wheel

So I'm wondering if the rainsleeve is still the best affordable option or if there are others which are better. Something less rustling/noisy would also be a big boon.

Battery wise I see the Hahnel Extreme HLX-E6N seems to have some neat properties. Slightly less capacity than the Canon, but that seems to be standard for a lot of 3rd party batteries and at 50% less than a single Canon I can grab two batteries at once and get more shots than off 1 Canon battery. I use a battery grip as well, so getting 2 for the price of 1 on batteries is a good deal for filling up the grip (I'd not mix brands of batteries at the same time).

However I don't know if there aren't other batteries out there worth considering, or if the 3rd party might have some longer term issues that don't always get highlighted in gear reviews/product comments because they happen months down the line and don't show up early in testing/use.

Back