Rain Covers for 300 f2.8

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for rain covers for a nikon 300mm f2.8 I've recently purchased. I currently have a wildlife watching supplies rain cover for my 300mm f4 which is great but the cost of one for f2.8 is putting me off at present. I was also thinking if there was any other manufacturers out there that are worth looking at. I was thinking of a optech mega rain sleeve for the interim but I can't find a retailer for these.

Rob, are you meaning the `waterproof` jobbies, or the loose rain-covers?

tbh, other than showers (then it's time to go home lol) I tend not to stay out in the pouring rain for too long, but they seem perfectly fine.

Haha, yeah I've gone soft in my old age!
If it's for occasional/emergency use, rather than sitting in torrential rain all day, they are fine. They are only light-weight though (no good for keeping your hands warm) but they take next to no room up in your bag.

plus 1 for outdoor photographygear i got a part of a cover i was missing david sorted the part out cant fault them tbh

I utilise a Storm Jacket Pro for my canon equivalent of your lens - http://www.stormjacket.com/SJ_ORDER.html

Found it to be reliable and easy to put on when the weather gets rough, you can purchase them from WEX but they’re not exactly cheap; but when has photographic equipment ever been 'great' value for money?

I run an army surplus shop, and a good friend of mine, come customer recommended cutting the leg off a set of goretex trousers!! And it works!! The old british 95 style are the best, as they are elasticated at the end, and breathable! They sell in the shop for £19.99. :)

Regards Steve

I use one of the ebay cheapies for my Canon 300 2.8 and its fine
Before I got 300 I lay on the floor in the pouring rain for two hours photographing puffins using a similar cover for my 100 400 no problems at all
I just always make sure that I allow the gear to dry out properly before I store it away

I use one of the ebay cheapies for my Canon 300 2.8 and its fine
Before I got 300 I lay on the floor in the pouring rain for two hours photographing puffins using a similar cover for my 100 400 no problems at all
I just always make sure that I allow the gear to dry out properly before I store it away
Another one for the ebay one. I've sat in torrential rain doing rugby with it on the camera, worked fine.

Look on e-bay for seller rainydays2008 I have bought covers for my Sony 70-400, Tamron 200-500 and Tokina 300 2.8 they are superb quality and price, they also do a slip on cover for the hood which keeps the lens dry and clean and saves fiddling with a lens cap when you`re out and about, extremely helpful people and will also make to measure if you send them the relevant dimensions, (from memory I think they did this for my Tokina)
I would reccomend them without hesitation and I have no connection other than very satisfied customer.
Regards Roger.

Yes I remember that's the eBay seller I bought mine from, rainydays

Back