Rain covers

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Any recomendations on rain covers for my 1 DMKIIN and 300mm f4 and 1 DMKIII and 70-200mm f2.8

Do you have a Budget?
Aquatech's are the top of the range, not cheap but the best imo

Shaun

Budget within reason, dont fancy water and electrics.Adds up to a lot of money. better to take precautions .

Budget within reason, dont fancy water and electrics.Adds up to a lot of money. better to take precautions .

The ones I use as above keep my equipment as dry as a bone.. however the aquatech ones are the top of the range... i just havent found a need.. dry is good for me :)

I think I will make one of those camo macs looks just like the sleave of a waterproof coat. I'm sure my sister won't mind me cutting the sleave of her northface coat.

I think I will make one of those camo macs looks just like the sleave of a waterproof coat. I'm sure my sister won't mind me cutting the sleave of her northface coat.

Will be cheaper to buy a thinktank than a new northface jacket :LOL:

I was Googling lens/camera covers earlier today & came across a suggestion from someone to use hotel shower caps. Put a hole in the middle & poke the lens through & the elasticated bit then wraps round a camera, dependant on camera I suppose.
The next hotel I stay in I will take a couple & add them to my kit bag for emergencies :)

just sent away to "flea bay" for the optech rain sleeves, until i get something more permanent.

I just got one from Bristol Cameras. http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/p-rain-cover-for-digital-slr.htm

It's not bad, but a bit cumbersome. I needed something that would work for both an 18-155 and a 125-300. This one has a little pocket above the lens with an added section for longer lenses. Although it only has the one hole for your right hand, the added section does up with hook and loop on the underside with enough room to slide your hand in to control zoom (and manual focus if you need it).

It's also padded and insulated to stop your battery draining too quickly.

It got its first outing yesterday for the Hucknall Town v FC United of Manchester match, and kept my camera bone dry. Battery hadn't lost a single bar throughout the match, but I ended up having the main body section on top of the camera to make it easier to reach the viewfinder.

Not bad for £18, but not ideal for football as it seems to have been designed more for use on a tripod.

Back