Rainbow Road

Edit My Images
Yes
rainbow-road-200k.jpg

Planned the shot for a while and finally got a chance to sit and wait (with permission) for the right sort of figure to come into the shot with the right kind of light. Think it was worth the wait, and hope you think it was too.

Thumbs up from me.

Nice subject, composition and exposure. If you are trying to depict the architecture it could be improved if you had a bit of motion blur on the person. Its nice to get someone in the shot to give it a bit of animation but you immediate reaction is to examine the person first. If you blur the person then its a lot easier to view the architecture without the distraction of the person.

Nice subject, composition and exposure. If you are trying to depict the architecture it could be improved if you had a bit of motion blur on the person. Its nice to get someone in the shot to give it a bit of animation but you immediate reaction is to examine the person first. If you blur the person then its a lot easier to view the architecture without the distraction of the person.

Thats a pretty good composition tip, will be bearing that in mind.....

Thanks for the feedback folks. Interesting point on the motion blur on the figure, and one I hadn't considered. Will try that or maybe have the figure further back in the shot. Initially the shot was about the buildings, but then the figure ended up being quite an interesting one so made the most of both, but I can see why that causes a conflict for some. Thanks again.

Like the idea, I think I may have left the person out, for me he distracts from the purpose of the shot ie the 'Rainbow street'

Like the shot but think I might have preferred either a deserted or busy thoroughfare tbh :thinking:
Ever thought about cropping the leftside to the end bollard ?

If you want motion blur on people walking you need a shutters speed of a about 1/10th second. On a bright day like this you will probably need an ND16 (4 stops) filter.

Thanks for the replies and advice guys. Will try to get hold of a filter and maybe have a go at a busier scene with some motion blur.
I did try the crop on the left but it felt like it needed a stronger framing. Did a version with a desaturated blue wall as some felt that it stands out too much...

rainbow-desat.jpg

Nuh uh...bring the blue back up IMO.
I like the image a lot.

Back