Rainbow view - image added

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_1363-Edit.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
i agree with shootinjack. Lovely composition, mid ground could do with being brighter

Lighter version as requested:

If the image goes lighter than this you start loosing the drama in the sky and the overcast effect in the fg.

Tom

IMG_1363-Edit-2.jpg

:agree:

Many thanks ShootinJack and Dom_Cabarete for your comments which are very much appreciated.

Tom

Very nice again Tom. May I ask where it was taken, I'm thinking West coast of Scotland, quite far North?

Andy

Nice Tom. I will go against the grain (not unusual) and say I prefer the original dark one - much more atmosphere for me.

Very nice again Tom. May I ask where it was taken, I'm thinking West coast of Scotland, quite far North?

Andy

Many thanks AndySnap for your valued comment which is very much appreciated.

Very close the scene is just west of Dumberg in the Assynt area of NW Scotland

Tom

Nice Tom. I will go against the grain (not unusual) and say I prefer the original dark one - much more atmosphere for me.

(y) Thanks for your comment DonnaM - very much valued and appreciated.

Very much agree about the atmosphere in the darker version. The dark cloud was moving inland, directly overhead, which darkened the whole surrounding area yet on the other side of the bay there are large areas in sunlight.

It was these variations in light which caught my eye and how the dark cloud emphasised the colours of the rainbow.

Tom

IMG_1363-Edit.jpg

Thanks for looking

Tom...would selective brightening of the foreground, while leaving the clouds dark and moody retain the look you're striving for? I tried my hand at it...will remove the image if you don't like it.

z-rainbow-2.jpg

Very much appreciate the edit you did hunter.

The problem is that by doing a selective lighten to the fg you are starting to produce a strange and unreal sight. In as much that if you have a very dark cloud above you, which is blocking the the sunlight, the area under that cloud is always going to be darker than if that cloud was not there.

Back