Raindrop Refraction.

Edit My Images
No
The principle is easy, the execution isn't overly difficult but finding the right darn droplet and THEN adjusting the surrounding grass to set up your shot is a nightmare!. One mistake and your perfect droplet is gone.

Anyway, this one isn't a perfect droplet but after a number of attempts to find one, I settled for the best I could get. :)

960736923_2YyBG-O.jpg

Quite right Ian, the darn drops keep slipping off before you can thake the photo, but this is a great shot, much better than I have ever managed. LordV is one of the world's top macro photographers, his work is superb and a pleasure to look at.

Cheers Albert, John.

yeah Brian V is an amazing photographer. He frequents Dgrin.com and is always willing to help and offer compliments where due.

Excellent shot. I tried some of these yesterday but failed, many times.

I would be very happy with that shot myself, nice one.

Also recommend that you look up Lordv, he is very active on the photography on the net forums and his work really has to be seen to be believed.

Thank you Roly, much appreciated. In fact, Brian (LordV) is indeed my inspiration for this shot (I mentioned him above in post 3) :)

I regularly read dgrin.com and he is one of the regular macrophotographers there. He has already offered kind words and advice on the shot which is nice to receive off him.

I'll be doing some more of these for sure.

Very good effort indeed,I have been following lord v on flickr for a while now and have him as a contact, his work is marvellous, regards
John

Last edited:
Thank you John :)

Back