Rally boss in helicopter escape !!!

• Thread starter paul cull-pearce
  • Start date
P

paul cull-pearce

Just seen this on the BBC News website....

The Subaru rally team chief and his wife survived unhurt when their helicopter crash-landed in Essex.
Police said Dave Richards and his wife "walked out of the wreckage" near North Weald Airfield and were treated for shock by paramedics.

Mr Richards, is chief executive of Prodrive, which runs the Subaru World Rally Team.

He was in charge when Colin McRae, who has died in a helicopter crash in Lanarkshire, won his world rally title.

Mr Richards and his wife were returning to their home at Banbury, Oxfordshire, after attending the Belgian Grand Prix.

Mill Lane alongside the field where the wreckage lies has been sealed off awaiting the arrival of Air Accident Investigation Branch staff.

Paul

Ouch that would have been too much of a coincidence, if it was fatal. Glad the yare okay but as I said in the other thread, thoughts and Prayers to Colins Family and friends and the others involved.

there has been an airliner go down in thailand too with an estimated 88 people dead, some believed to be UK residents.

clicky
:(

Dave is a hell of a nice guy, met him in the Amber lounge in Monte Carlo a couple of years ago and was really helpful for my daughter in her attempt to get placement for her thesis. Look forward to him running a sucessful F1 team.

its the third air crash this weekend in THIS country!! i HATE the rule of thirds!!
:thumbsdown:

Sad stuff, but will the real reasons for these disasters be made known so we can learn from them?

These things don't always fall from the sky for no good reason and before someone thinks I am being silly or whimsical, I have lost three friends in light aircraft.

Yes I still fly in them!

Thing is (like bikes) they, and the air we fly them in, demand full respect all the time.

Back