Rally Ireland 2007

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, im new to talkphotography and dslr photography.
I have been taking motorsport photographs for a few years now but bought a nikon d70s and a 300mm lens in june.
Below is a pic i took on the third day of Rally Ireland 2007.
Could you please give me your constructive feedback on in?

DSC_0071.jpg

Robert.

Good i like it but backgound could do with being blurry for me but im no pro

Hello and welcome to the forums.

The pictures does not look bad to me either. only problem is it looks a bit dark. I've given it a quick edit -

DSC_00711.jpg

I'm sure the motorsport regulars could get some more 'pop' out of it.

Looks dirty, maybe with a bit more blur you'd of captured the essence speed. Stil I'm no expert, any more good ones?

very nice, a lot sharper than anything I've ever got (many many many years ago), but sadly spoilt for me by the bits of foliage coming in from the out of focus foreground on the right. I like the mud haze coming out of the wheel arches to give it the sense of motion but my eye gets drawn to those bits of grass and leaves.

and were you stood in the corner exit spin off area? :nono:

I think its a nice shot and the main niggle I would have with it would be the foilage comming in on the right hand side of the frame. It would of been nicer to have the background a bit more blurred but thats not always possible.
DSC_0071_copy.jpg

Thanks for the advice. One of the problems i think is that the image is quite grainy. It was a very dull day and the highest aperture setting on my zoom lens is f4 and so i had to raise the iso.

Yeah I had similar issues Robert with my shots, I was quite often using iso1600 to get fast enough shutter speeds. Grain doesnt really annoy me as its just part and parcel with photography, it the light is good enough then i'll take grain free shots if not I dont mind grain in shots. If used right it can even enhance shots :)

Back