Rallying in the lake district, 2011 Malcolm Wilson

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry these are a bit late (only a week)
This must be the most scenic rally in Britain, I always look forward to this event!
Started off in SS1 Comb (just in case Burton didn't get any further) then on to Grizedale north & finally back north to the last stage of the rally Wythop, found a lovely spot overlooking Bassenthwaite lake
Good to meet Lawrence again & Juha Bos from Belgium, sorry Tom, I didn't see you mate!
Thanks for looking

untitled-3-1.jpg

farmer1of1.jpg

mwr-232.jpg

mwrs-7-1.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

mwr-331.jpg

Thanks Pete ,you are a Star for posting these,stunning backdrops,and interesting use of light and colours.
Really like the set,"orsum mate !"
Cheers Mr Pons
You need to get your bum up to this rally, you'd love it mate (y)

Great, great, great, what a rally Pete, sells itself with pics like these, was that the 7D you were using ? , I was jealous of your 70-200 or whatever big L series lens you were using as well.........(y)
Tom

Great, great, great, what a rally Pete, sells itself with pics like these, was that the 7D you were using ? , I was jealous of your 70-200 or whatever big L series lens you were using as well.........(y)
Tom
Fantastic place Tom
Yea, 7D & the big lens was a 70-200 (getting on a bit now though.....must be 6 years old at least)
What lens do you use mate?

Awsome stuff pete ones with the lake behind are amazing! great pictures
Thanks James, the scenery up there is just something else :notworthy:

Very very good. Excellent captures.
#1 is my fav but all great shots. Many thanks for sharing them :)

Great set of pics - and stunning scenery to frame them!!

Must put it in the diary.

#7 for me

Great stuff Pete, that location in number 1 and 4 is just superb, loving number 4. The Burton shot would have the shot, had it been a touch sharper on the front end. The MW is one event id love to do, and that bend is somewhere Id love to shoot, might have to join you up there next year. Cheers for sharing mate.

Cracking photos, Burton's car is immense, hope to see him in May at the Plains Rally (I think).

Fantastic place Tom
Yea, 7D & the big lens was a 70-200 (getting on a bit now though.....must be 6 years old at least)
What lens do you use mate?

My Tammy 70-300 decided to conk out ages ago.........

........but did pick up an old Ef 35-105mm f4.56 on ebay for 27 quid, and was trying it out that day, really cheap ( I thought ), worked quite well and was quite fast, so not that bad, remember your iconic snap of BDA 144 from last year taken on the stock jobby you bought ?l

Am saving now for a full upgrade, would love to get a good second hand 1D mkII , or something similar, heard the 5D mkII is more of a landscape/portrait fellow, can you Pete ?, or anyone give me the answer ???

Tom

Last edited:
Back