Critique Random Birds in St James Park

Decent enough

You've surpassed yourself there with your wit and humour, Steve.
Thanks for making my day!
And the pics are not bad...

Its not normally my thing, but St James park was nice and quiet and the busy tourist spots were doing my nut in, and I had a short telephoto lens on me so I thought I would give it a try. You could get really close to them and the D800 allows for so much cropping.

I've admired a lot of the skill that goes into the best bird images you see here. I focussed on the eyes and just shot at F4 and bumped the ISO up and ensured I didn't blow the whites out. I might try get into this, its very restful and theraputic and strangely addictive to get the pose and eye contact.

Not ever having ventured into the minefield of the bird section, preferring the more laid back resort of 'Out of Focus', I find these not without interest.
They are well framed, sharp, well exposed and each subject is actually interesting. Maybe others would prefer to see a Red Throated Bee Eater in its native habitat, but I like these, Steve.

Last edited:
Reactions: ST4
Its a slippery sloap when you start. A few months of the easier birds then you go to more wary birds then the rare birds and then there is no way back.
What is a sloap mate? Some wild exoctic highland creature................:thinking:

That will be the Spinal Tap Outrage Meter you're using.

Reactions: ST4
Back