Random light trails thread

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Just had this one to post from this evening and thought maybe it didn't need a new thread all to itself. So, if you've got the odd one or two light trail pics, or want to get inspiration & tips, feel free to join in here.

This shot - a double exposure straight from the camera (hence dust spots). Shot a bus coming towards me, crossed the road and shot one disappearing off into the night. Would have preferred less white light but you don't always get what you want.

Let me know what you think :)

You just have to go one better :LOL: :D I really like this Andrew, I've been out to have a go at stacked light trails this evening which was an experience, it was a shame that I was out later than I normally would for light trails but fireworks were my priority this evening :eek:

I've seen something similar to this in the past I think it was done in San Francisco featuring there trams (Street Cars) it's a really effective idea (y)

Matt

First couple of attempts at car trails, no pp, straight from camera.
Critique & tips welcome.

Last edited:
Here we go....

5965406854_0d16838b57_z.jpg
[/url] streaks by R1GK A, on Flickr[/IMG]

You just have to go one better :LOL: :D I really like this Andrew, I've been out to have a go at stacked light trails this evening which was an experience, it was a shame that I was out later than I normally would for light trails but fireworks were my priority this evening :eek:

I've seen something similar to this in the past I think it was done in San Francisco featuring there trams (Street Cars) it's a really effective idea (y)

Matt

Thanks Matt. Noticed a stats spike to do with the stacked traffic trails tutorial on my blog ;)

Looking forward to seeing your results.

I like it, I reckon it would work with cropping some of the bottom off.

Hmmm, I think the bottom section with kerbs and yellow lines is important to understanding that the image is a double exposure, so makes it easier to decipher. Or is that what you're suggesting- trim the lower region to confuse folk :naughty:

Good work with the other contributions here. Dave, you balanced the exposure perfectly to combine traffic trails and the sculpture at blue hour.

This is a test shot for redoing the shot below it with a better sky. Unfortunately that day didn’t offer one up in due time.

streaminghomeNew3.jpg

20secs, not much trafic.

Its lit rail carriages on the right rushing into town, the carriages are also reflecting the headlights from cars on the left.

Old shot.
Streaminghome.jpg

30secs.Lots more traffic.

Last edited:
Liking those a lot Adam. Very well visualised and seen through. Shame about the sky but where would we be if things went right first time? Sat at home with no excuse to get out ;)

Clever use of the white lines their Jay. nice shot. (y)

Nice shots Adam :clap:

Liking those a lot Adam. Very well visualised and seen through. Shame about the sky but where would we be if things went right first time? Sat at home with no excuse to get out ;)

Thanks guys.

:D ...very true. In fact I failed again just to save it for another day... :shake:

Only thing I'd change Paul would be the sky, for an indigo scene from blue hour. As it is, because you're facing the lights, the sky's bright enough - it's just the colour. In fact, it does look very warm, you might get a result by dropping the colour temp right down.

Last edited:
Do a few motorists a favour, Matt, and process that penultimate one so we can make out the reg of the unmarked car :naughty:

Do a few motorists a favour, Matt, and process that penultimate one so we can make out the reg of the unmarked car :naughty:

If you look at the full sized version you can make it out :naughty: but as with any dealings I've had with the police well out with the camera they have always been great (y)

Matt

Like it, the offset colours give just enough quirkiness to pull this off without losing the impact of the scene and trails.

lol. phew..

Hope just fits with this thread. (y)

shirleystream2.jpg

I'd say :) Where's a flickr or 500px link so I can give it some love?

Right, we've had a Reverend and a Bishop, just need the Pope or Jesus for the full set.

I thought that I should give this thread a little bump with this one recently that I'm really pleased with (actually that's an understatement) I know a lot will have seen it in the thread I posted for this trail :D

328/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Also this one from a couple of nights ago

330/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

go on then.......................
M74 Lanarkshire
7223300f.jpg

Right I thought that it was about time that this thread got a little bump back into reality so here are a couple of my recent efforts :D

66/366 (431) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

and

18/366 (383) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Back